Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

07 h3 bad idle

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 05:09 PM
Default 07 h3 bad idle

Like most people who have bad idle issues, not going to get into alot of questions etc. Only one I have is this:
I have a check engine light on for misfire and map sensor.I have replaced the MAP and also cleaned the Throttle body. It has had a full tune up. Also anew transmission has been installed with 3k miles on it. It idles bad, but the stability light come son and it idles fine. Going down the road,if it acts up, the Stability light will come on and it runs great. Only when this light is on does it run and idle good. We hooked a scanner to it and found if we moved the intake a little(it feels a little loose), it idles better so I am thinking I have some bolts that have backed off a little.
anyone else ran into the stability light issue making your h3 run better?

Old 06-10-2021, 07:25 PM

I've NEVER moved my intake bolts, 91,332 miles. Yet, waiting for the day I have to, since I'm locked and loaded with a new set of injectors.
BTW, POST-->>>ALL>>> YOUR CODES FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE!

Old 06-10-2021, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
I've NEVER moved my intake bolts, 91,332 miles. Yet, waiting for the day I have to, since I'm locked and loaded with a new set of injectors.
BTW, POST-->>>ALL>>> YOUR CODES FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE!
P 0300 and P 0108. Map sensor has been replaced.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:24 PM
Old 06-10-2021, 08:59 PM

I don't need a video of how the MAP works. My question is the stability light coming on and the idle issue clears up. If the MAP sensor is directly linked to the stability control, I would like videos or schematics of that function

Old 06-11-2021, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

You are still using the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors aren't you?

Old 06-11-2021, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You are still using the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors aren't you?
Negatory

Old 06-11-2021, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BamaH3
Negatory
Ah weed hopper, you are almost free to leave.

Then you probably have already done the list, including # 3.5..... Acts like it wants to stall/rough idle -No CEL -What To Do:

Old 06-11-2021, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Ah weed hopper, you are almost free to leave.

Then you probably have already done the list, including # 3.5..... Acts like it wants to stall/rough idle -No CEL -What To Do:
I found my idling issue i think due to pushing on the intake and watching the fuel trim change. When putting pressure on in from driver side to the passenger side, my fuel trim levels out and the engine idles fine.I let go of the intake and the fuel trim is all over the place.
My question has to do with why the stability is making it run smooth once it the light comes on in the instrument cluster.and if anyone has ever encountered this before.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

No relationship, one is purely electrical, the other mechanical.

The StabiliTrack warning is within the BCM ABS functions.

Quick Reply: 07 h3 bad idle