PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear spring conversion kit with no isolators...needed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Default Rear spring conversion kit with no isolators...needed?

Hello,

I recently installed an aftermarket rear coil spring conversion kit (when i got the kit it was just two springs) no instructions or anything.I installed them with the correct ends facing down.However i notice when the weight is off the rear end the springs fit loose (wont fall out but a bit loose).Should i order upper and lower spring isolators to make a better fit and create less spring movement while driving?.Do all these springs have the same design if i order isolators?.Can anyone give me part numbers to order?.I also notice i dont really get the rear rake like with the air...is there anything i can do about that?.I mainly use this truck for towing and now it sits low with heavy trailer on.I see there is 1.5 inch coil spring lifts designed for use on this conversion any advice?.thanks.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:14 PM

The spacers you need are GM# 15713853, you will need four of them. I recommend that you use the factory GM replacement springs for your Hummer H2, many don't know but both factory springs have a different load rate left and right. The after market springs are the same left and right, this is not correct for you Hummer H2.