Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
The mic and GPS antenna from the Onstar will work great with your aftermarket head unit. I used them for my Kenwood.

You will just have to splice into the mic wires, and either get an adapter or cut the GPS connector off and install the one your Pioneer uses.... The GPS antenna cable does not leave you much extra length once you route it up to the radio pocket but it works great.

On mine - I took it to a tire shop yesterday and had them swap my ties over a a set of excellent factory chrome wheels. I felt too old to be running around with Rockstar wheels... plus I'm not fond of the mostly black wheels that I now see on 3 out of 4 trucks nowadays.

Anyone near Columbia SC interested in a set of perfect condition Rockstar wheels shoot me a message.
I wasn't sure if the GPS wire had a fixed length. That's good to know.

I am trying to do just the opposite, get rid of all the chrome and H2 logos.

T

Old 04-07-2017, 05:22 PM

I refused to buy an h2 with an aftermarket head unit because I love steering wheel controls and the handful I saw with them they didn't work. I'd keep that in mind if you like those buttons.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by FatJay
I refused to buy an h2 with an aftermarket head unit because I love steering wheel controls and the handful I saw with them they didn't work. I'd keep that in mind if you like those buttons.
Mine work great! A lot of people cheap out on what is really needed to properly install and aftermarket head unit. One component is the steering wheel controls adapter. On mine, I wanted to keep the factory Bose amp as well as the steering wheel controls. There are different integrations parts depending on if you have the base Bose system or the Luxury Bose system. On my Kenwood since I'm fully using the Bose amp I'm not even use the built in amp of the Kenwood. Balance, fader, etc all work, steering wheel controls work. I re-purposed the Onstar GPS antenna and mic so I dont have an aftermarket GPS antenna nor some add on mic sticking out anywhere. Nice and clean.

Also with certain steering wheel control adapters you can even assign additional functions like press and hold a certain button to activate some other feature.

Speaking of steering wheels... I just got this one in today.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322472055398

Mine is not in very good shape - the prior owner had a cover on it which wore it through in several places and its just ugly and I dont personally care for the covers. This one will work perfect. Before I install it this weekend I'm going to pull the button pods and change their lighting to red to match the rest that I've already converted to red lighting (my entire dash lights up red now). It looks even better than the eBay pics, the wood and leather are in great shape.

Last edited by MixManSC; 04-07-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Mine work great! A lot of people cheap out on what is really needed to properly install and aftermarket head unit. One component is the steering wheel controls adapter. On mine, I wanted to keep the factory Bose amp as well as the steering wheel controls. There are different integrations parts depending on if you have the base Bose system or the Luxury Bose system. On my Kenwood since I'm fully using the Bose amp I'm not even use the built in amp of the Kenwood. Balance, fader, etc all work, steering wheel controls work. I re-purposed the Onstar GPS antenna and mic so I dont have an aftermarket GPS antenna nor some add on mic sticking out anywhere. Nice and clean.

Also with certain steering wheel control adapters you can even assign additional functions like press and hold a certain button to activate some other feature.

Speaking of steering wheels... I just got this one in today.
03 04 05 06 Escalade Denali Silverado Steering Wheel Leather Wood Radio eBay

Mine is not in very good shape - the prior owner had a cover on it which wore it through in several places and its just ugly and I dont personally care for the covers. This one will work perfect. Before I install it this weekend I'm going to pull the button pods and change their lighting to red to match the rest that I've already converted to red lighting (my entire dash lights up red now). It looks even better than the eBay pics, the wood and leather are in great shape.
My steering wheel controls work flawlessly with the Pioneer app
radio. Because I use an iPhone I just plug my phone in and I am looking at the apps on the radio screen which is also a touch screen. GPS goes through my google maps so I only have one account of saved locations, poi's, etc. same for the phone.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:12 PM

Good to hear, sad most people don't bother. Just swap it and leave it. What unit did you use, and what is this steering wheel adapter?

Old 04-08-2017, 01:30 PM

The specific adapter you use will depend on whether you have the standard bose, lux bose, or if you intended on ripping our or bypassing the bose amp.

On mine I used the Metra GMOS-04 interface for the main part plus the Metra ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface.

Both do take some configuration. The steering wheel interface is fiddle to get it programmed right but once its done you dont have to mess with it anymore.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:23 PM

Finally got around to installing dmax store's anti-sway bar endlinks.
I'm really happy with house easily these went on. The quality is night & day compared to both the stock endlinks & the ones that helwig provides. Name:  t2Ftd8E.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  318.8 KB
Name:  8mxK2IE.jpg
Size:  321.9 KB
Name:  DYQRrL6.jpg
Size:  258.3 KB

Old 04-09-2017, 10:21 AM

Nice, I thought about getting those when I did my tie rods. I'm curious how your tie rods are so horizontal? Mine have a pretty decent angle to them, all I've done it add green keys.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:59 PM

Thanks Lojac.

Actually, maybe you can help me with something (or if anyone else wants to chime in).
First, I really have no clue. For reference, I have stock keys and about 2" of rake. That's just how everything aligned. Take a pic of yours. I'd like to see a comparison.

As for my problem. The rig is sitting cockeyed.
Both front sides are right at 40.5" (bottom of fender to ground). The driver's side rear is right at 42.5". The passenger side rear is at 41.5". I've had issues w/ the vehicle shaking on bumps. Maybe this is why!?

How do I go about adjusting the rear to level it out?

Also, do my bump stops look a little squished or is that correct?

Old 04-09-2017, 08:57 PM

Your bump stops look normal. They are supposed to touch, they are a part of the actual suspension and not just bumpers.

For the rear I would check your rear trailing arm bushings, panard rod, coils or air bags depending on your suspension and go from there.

My rig used to shake like crazy in the rear when hitting large bumps. I swapped my lower rear trailing arms for aftermarket arms and the problem went away.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?