Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Water leak passenger side :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Default Water leak passenger side :(

Welp, another water leak. I thought the roof marker lights were the only issue, I did seal those. Now I've got water on the passengers side front floor board, any ideas? I saw the door seal wasn't properly aligned on the rear passenger side door but I found a lot of water on that whole side. Any other leak locations I'm not thinking of?

I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks

Old 01-09-2020, 05:16 PM

check the fitment of the rubber seal that starts at the front A-pillar and goes across the top to the back door. they tend to get loose at the curve from the A-pillar to the roof letting in water.

Last edited by bronxteck; 01-09-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:24 PM

A wise man says "roll it in flour and look for the wet spot". In your case, take it to the car wash, while sitting inside, you may learn something.

Old 01-11-2020, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by 2005H2
Welp, another water leak. I thought the roof marker lights were the only issue, I did seal those. Now I've got water on the passengers side front floor board, any ideas? I saw the door seal wasn't properly aligned on the rear passenger side door but I found a lot of water on that whole side. Any other leak locations I'm not thinking of?

I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks
Search the forum this question has been answered a bunch of times. It can be the roof rail bolts, marker lights (corner and middle, front and rear), windshield, door seals, moon roof drains, rubber seal underneath the cowl, etc. Like hummerz said the best way is to loosen the headliner enough to where you can see and put a hose on the roof then sit inside and watch. That's how I figured out mine was leaking from the door seals. I took them off, cleaned them, then siliconed them back on and it hasn't leaked since.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:14 PM

thanks guys, i have a dehumidifier running in it now. i found a video and resealed the the plastic cover that leads to the intake of the fan blower. the rubber seal doesn't seal right. have to recheck the other locations as well but i dont have a wet head liner in any places

Old 01-11-2020, 12:22 PM

i also found water saturation in the foam piece that lays below the defrost motor on the passengers front floor board area, that's what prompted me to seal the plastic cover on the outside below the wiper blade

Old 01-11-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2005H2
thanks guys, i have a dehumidifier running in it now.
Nice work, great way to prevent mold/rust! Dry it out, and be vigilant.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:38 AM

Hi, I had an issue looking like yours, and I finally discovered it was the sunroof drain that was blocked on the passenger side. I unblocked it, tested, and it seems to work so far.
Hope it helps.

Old 01-12-2020, 11:04 AM

So, it appears the passengers front door seal is failing. I've left a dehumidifier in the rig for several days now and water is pooling up on the bottom edge of the door inside. There's no other evidence of water coming from anywhere else. It's a weird location for a leak and hard to believe the seal isn't doing its job because it looks fine. You guys ever hear of this happening?

Old 01-12-2020, 12:59 PM

read second post?

Quick Reply: Water leak passenger side :(