Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H2 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/)
-   -   Water leak passenger side :( (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h2-8/water-leak-passenger-side-42465/)

2005H2 01-09-2020 05:00 PM

Water leak passenger side :(

Welp, another water leak. I thought the roof marker lights were the only issue, I did seal those. Now I've got water on the passengers side front floor board, any ideas? I saw the door seal wasn't properly aligned on the rear passenger side door but I found a lot of water on that whole side. Any other leak locations I'm not thinking of?

I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks

bronxteck 01-09-2020 05:16 PM

check the fitment of the rubber seal that starts at the front A-pillar and goes across the top to the back door. they tend to get loose at the curve from the A-pillar to the roof letting in water.

hummerz 01-09-2020 06:24 PM

A wise man says "roll it in flour and look for the wet spot". In your case, take it to the car wash, while sitting inside, you may learn something. :cool:

hummer_on_fumes 01-11-2020 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by 2005H2 (Post 368947)
Welp, another water leak. I thought the roof marker lights were the only issue, I did seal those. Now I've got water on the passengers side front floor board, any ideas? I saw the door seal wasn't properly aligned on the rear passenger side door but I found a lot of water on that whole side. Any other leak locations I'm not thinking of?

I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks

Search the forum this question has been answered a bunch of times. It can be the roof rail bolts, marker lights (corner and middle, front and rear), windshield, door seals, moon roof drains, rubber seal underneath the cowl, etc. Like hummerz said the best way is to loosen the headliner enough to where you can see and put a hose on the roof then sit inside and watch. That's how I figured out mine was leaking from the door seals. I took them off, cleaned them, then siliconed them back on and it hasn't leaked since.

2005H2 01-11-2020 12:14 PM

thanks guys, i have a dehumidifier running in it now. i found a video and resealed the the plastic cover that leads to the intake of the fan blower. the rubber seal doesn't seal right. have to recheck the other locations as well but i dont have a wet head liner in any places

2005H2 01-11-2020 12:22 PM

i also found water saturation in the foam piece that lays below the defrost motor on the passengers front floor board area, that's what prompted me to seal the plastic cover on the outside below the wiper blade

hummerz 01-11-2020 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2005H2 (Post 369006)
thanks guys, i have a dehumidifier running in it now.

Nice work, great way to prevent mold/rust! Dry it out, and be vigilant.

Old Timer 01-12-2020 07:38 AM

Hi, I had an issue looking like yours, and I finally discovered it was the sunroof drain that was blocked on the passenger side. I unblocked it, tested, and it seems to work so far.
Hope it helps.

2005H2 01-12-2020 11:04 AM

So, it appears the passengers front door seal is failing. I've left a dehumidifier in the rig for several days now and water is pooling up on the bottom edge of the door inside. There's no other evidence of water coming from anywhere else. It's a weird location for a leak and hard to believe the seal isn't doing its job because it looks fine. You guys ever hear of this happening?

bronxteck 01-12-2020 12:59 PM

read second post?