Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Trim fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 01:05 PM

The argentaneum is more of a high metallic silver than gray. I actually had a buddy of mine who works in automotive pain make me a custom rattle can when I painted some wheels high metallic silver and it actually would have matched the silver trim pretty close.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:48 AM

I have had this issue for some time now. And it is a eye sore to me... and I am a perfectionist... even though technically this is a truck and should be treated as one.
This is what I have thought about and come up with talking to auto body/paint shops....

DO NOT touch up... you will regret it.
I went to the paint shop and they explained to me they will not touch it up because it will look worse then touch up on the little rock chips on your hood. Then they said you could sand, fade and blend it... but then why not just sand the whole thing down and repaint.
Then they said they wont repaint the items.... why? Because the exact same chipping and wearing down will happen again. Sure it might take 50-100 thousand miles.... but still who want something they know will not be 100% right. And to take apart everything isnt that easy.
The door handle insets are plastic riveted in. So you have to break them apart. AND anyone who has own these trucks for a while knows that one of the weak points in the making of these trucks is the interior door panels. If you havent figured it out yet, its coming. Thats also another reason why you dont see many interiors that havent lost their lower door panel pocket. And if you go to eBay or a recycler, it is hard to find a door panel that is in near perfect shape,

So this is what I would plan... Hydro-Dipping, Plastic dipping, or bed liner (or possibly car wrap if you have a person that is talented enough). The reason why... Something that will last and take the abuse. I havent seen anyone do the first two yet on an H2, but the bed liner I have seem an H2 guru on a now defunked H2 forum coat his interior in with bedliner... and he said it held up extremely well to extreme abuse to both his H2 SUV and SUT. He just said to mind the contact points because if you cover over the areas that meet with other areas in your interior, you will have to sand them down or something because the fit will be too tight or will not fit at all. Also, he didnt do this bed liner in a can, but actually had them hot shot like it is done professionally. Even after you get the items done, if they do not have a color ability (some only can shoot black), at least you will now have a surface you can paint on and it not rub off.

I have looked into Hydro Dipping and it looks to be a great option. Besides the fact that you can do all kinds of colors or designs, you might not have to take things apart and you also dont have to worry about fit because the hydro dipping is nothing more than a thin film. It is also used for many things to make like new again. I have seen a worn wood stock of a shot gun transformed into a new gun almost instantly with this method.

Plastic dipping.... sure it has its pluses... ease of use and durability, but it does have the ability to peel off. Sure if you use the plastic dip for a car, it will have less tendency to do so... but just understand that sometimes you are rough with those worn areas and dont even know it. thats how they worn to begin with.