Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Trim fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 07:01 PM
Default Trim fix

Hey guys, any way to match up the flaking off silver trim color on my center console and door handles? Here’s a pic of what I mean, it’s the silver part flaking above the shifter and cup holder area on the center console piece. I thought about like using a Testors model paint but not sure if it would match correctly, or what color would be used. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 09-29-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:07 PM

VHT should have a color that matches pretty close.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
VHT should have a color that matches pretty close.
I wouldn’t know how to match up the color. It’s like a metallic silver but I’m sure there’s a hundred different shades of metallic silver

Old 09-30-2018, 10:31 AM

It's called Argentanium or something like that. I would recommend just finding a nice metallic silver you like and repaint the entire piece. It will never look good trying to touch it up.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:22 PM

Yeah, you’re probably right. As you can see I replaced the upper console piece with a black one... this would be a good opportunity to paint the bottom one a matching flat black.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:10 PM

Found some on eBay to replace. Type in hummer hummer H2 center console top trim or bezel. Between 100-150 bucks

Old 10-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dave in Maine
Yeah, you’re probably right. As you can see I replaced the upper console piece with a black one... this would be a good opportunity to paint the bottom one a matching flat black.
It's too bad they don't hold up well to the years because the silver trim looks sooooooo nice! I had always wanted to buy a set way back when I bought my rig but even then when the kits were still available at the dealerships they were upwards of $1k.......

Old 10-03-2018, 09:47 AM

I'm now doing lots of refurb on trim pieces. https://www.ebay.com/itm/232950996659
We can also do door panel refurb service as well.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:39 AM

I have paint flaking off in the same areas as well as door trim. I thought of just removing and rattle can them. I just dont think touching the bad spots would look good.

I do like the black but if i can find a similar silver/ gray that mine has now - i will stick with the current color.

Subbed and following!

Old 10-07-2018, 08:36 AM

I dont know if the 08/09 is a different color but there is a Dupli-Color spray that is a near perfect match for the dark metallic grey on the 03-07 models. I have no idea what I had bought it for originally but I had it around when I got my H2. Problem is I cannot find the can. I looked for it yesterday just so I could reply to this. I've used it just spraying some in a cup and then brushing it on a few small scratches and it matched pretty darn good. Not perfect but close enough for sure. You really have to look close to find where I touched it up while before it was horribly obvious and ugly. Perfect for at least a temporary to long term improvement. When I redo the plastics on mine in a few months that Is what I'm going to get but will do a full refinishing. The key for that sort of thing is prep, prep, prep to get a perfect and durable finish.

Might have to just go to the auto parts store and carry a few cans outside to see which one it was. Most parts stores will let you do that as long as you ask/tell them that is what you want to do and maybe even offer to leave your keys at the counter if they seem unwilling.

Quick Reply: Trim fix