Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Transmission and Oil cooler Line leaks.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 12:02 PM
Default Transmission and Oil cooler Line leaks.

I know I've posted a lot recently, but the h2 laundry list is stacking up again. Both my engine oil cooler lines and transmission cooler lines are leaking. They've been leaking for years, but now are creating a puddle. Instead of replacing with oem parts that will fail again, I want to explore the option of an upgrade for both. Id like to use some braided nylon hose with AN fittings for both the oil cooler and transmission. Transmission is going to be easy since I plan on upgrading the cooler and bypassing the radiator cooler, but with the engine, I'd like to keep the oil going through the rad. My only hangup here is finding an AN fitting that will screw into the radiator. Does anyone know what size/type of fitting is needed for this?

Old 03-17-2023, 06:26 AM

I found it easier to just block of the oil cooler. I do not think it is really necessary.

Tim

Old 03-17-2023, 07:57 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tharber
I found it easier to just block of the oil cooler. I do not think it is really necessary.

Tim
That is route I took.

Old 03-17-2023, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
That is route I took.
Hmm. I’d like to keep it just to be on the safe side. Supercharger+towing+off-road and being in the south. I already have the oem part on order only $66 from rock auto. I’ll mess with it when it leaks again.

Old 03-20-2023, 02:34 PM

So Im working on the Oil cooler thing as we speak, I'm going to replace the oil cooler connection on the engine block with this
  1. https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/126018/10002/-1 beware purchase the o-rings at the same time as the part doesn't come with them /Jegs removed my review of the item as they didn't like it .
  2. Connect an 8 AN fitting to connect to the OIL cooler line found on amazon
    Amazon Amazon
  3. 10 AN to 6an adapters
    Amazon Amazon
  4. 8an to 6an adapters
    Amazon Amazon
  5. I also have some extra hoses from another project braided with 6an connectors I will be using.

I went with the 6an over the 10 mainly because room to work seems the 6an is much easier to get to the tight areas. I've been trying to find the perfect place for an aux oil cooler, but there isn't enough room to install one, so I'm going to use the radiator again.

I should complete this Wednesday this week

Last edited by Booch; 03-20-2023 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:12 PM

$100 for the cooling block? There are definitely cheaper amazon alternatives w/ 6an that do exactly the same thing. And for that price I could replace my cooler lines twice! let me know what aux cooler you end up going with later and how you're connecting the hose to the radiator.

Old 03-21-2023, 12:52 PM

I saw the ones on amazon but didn't want to risk a possible failure because of an inferior part if that makes sense. I travel a lot through the woods away from civilization and have had amazon items break on me so it's more peace of mind. I can bring spare hoses and connections hard to fix if the cooling block breaks

These are the connections to the radiator I am using

Last edited by Booch; 03-21-2023 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Booch
I saw the ones on amazon but didn't want to risk a possible failure because of an inferior part if that makes sense. I travel a lot through the woods away from civilization and have had amazon items break on me so it's more peace of mind. I can bring spare hoses and connections hard to fix if the cooling block breaks

These are the connections to the radiator I am using

makes sense I guess. I like those connections right into the quick connect kind of deals whatever they are. I was hoping to find something that screws in place of the quick connect to eliminate that common failure point too. Just have no idea what size it is.

Old 03-22-2023, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
makes sense I guess. I like those connections right into the quick connect kind of deals whatever they are. I was hoping to find something that screws in place of the quick connect to eliminate that common failure point too. Just have no idea what size it is.
I wanted to go with the same thing you are searching for but gave up because I couldn't find the size to install on the radiator. Installed my solution earlier today and had a very small seeping leak from the pressure hose, I think Im good to go now, testing it later when I go into town.

Last edited by Booch; 03-23-2023 at 07:29 AM.