Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Someone glued the door seals to my Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 03:01 PM

Fingers crossed. Keep us posted.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by myrddin
Will do. I'll get a Chance this week to get out there and goop up the deal....

Old 09-14-2018, 10:59 PM

HUMMER H2 (1).....Mark R...(0)..!!!

Sealed up the weather stripping as per past posts... Then removed the black cork tape from the roof drain rail track so the water could go down there like it was before. The Leak came back! So.....I figure the leak is under that roof track that the cross bars attach to.

This means taking all 4 roof cross bars off and unbolting the complete roof rail track and taking off the plastic molding which can only be removed when the roof rail is out. Some how the water that runs down that drain runs under the marker lamp and out thru the plastic trim.to the out side.

I bet their is some opening that leads to the "A" pillar which is directly under that area. Also ..best way to spot that leak area is to remove the driver side Visor and pull the headliner down to look up in there. I do have a Cheapy Bore scope that I could fish up there before I start ripping Chit out.

But..Winter is approaching and this looks like a Job for the spring of 2019. So I'll jam some more Cork tape in that drain hole and have a Dry winter.

I give up for now...

Old 09-15-2018, 03:04 AM

did you check under the corner lights where the plug enters the body? And did you check to ensure your sunroof drains are not clogged and not disconnected and draining into the headliner?

Old 09-15-2018, 07:46 AM

Be very careful trying to remove the visors on these. They are very infuriating and you will want to smash it. Actually hitting it is part of the removal process. lol

Yes - one potential leak source are the body seams and rivnuts underneath the roof rails themselves. I took mine off and it was a pain in the butt but not too terrible. Do not use regular caulking on body seams, go buy a tube of the right stuff that is made for those. Its not cheap at about $20 for a tube but the peace of mind was worth it for me. I went over the seams where they looked like a potential leak spot as well as put some regular silicone sealant on all of the bolts when putting it back on.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:33 PM

did you check under the corner lights where the plug enters the body? And did you check to ensure your sunroof drains are not clogged and not disconnected and draining into the headliner?
Oh Yeah... That whole underneath area was sealed real good. That Grommet is a Prim leak area. The Marker Lamp housing is also sealed tight.. I know it's not from there or roof markers... It's definitely coming from that channel under the marker lamp below the grommet where the water drains from the roof rail track.

Also Sun Roof Drains are good and tightly connected. The water from that sunroof drain actually drains into the under cowl where the wipers are. And then trickles out thru holes cut in that area.

Last edited by Mark R; 09-15-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Be very careful trying to remove the visors on these. They are very infuriating and you will want to smash it. Actually hitting it is part of the removal process. lol

Yes - one potential leak source are the body seams and rivnuts underneath the roof rails themselves. I took mine off and it was a pain in the butt but not too terrible. Do not use regular caulking on body seams, go buy a tube of the right stuff that is made for those. Its not cheap at about $20 for a tube but the peace of mind was worth it for me. I went over the seams where they looked like a potential leak spot as well as put some regular silicone sealant on all of the bolts when putting it back on.

Cool MixMan... Like I said..I'll rip into that next spring...Make a day of it with some help. once apart ..I will gack that area up with the correct sealant. The drain system for the roof rails is a Major F-Up design.