Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Side View Mirrors Moving in Wrong Direction

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Default Side View Mirrors Moving in Wrong Direction

When I enabled the rear view assist for the side view mirrors, the passenger side worked correctly at first. Once the vehicle was restarted the mirror did not move down when the vehicle was put in reverse, but once the vehicle was put into park or drive the mirror then tilted downward. The Drivers side view mirror is working correctly. I'm also having the same problem with drivers seat. When I enabled it for the seat to move back for easy exit, it is working in opposite direction. When I remove the key to get out of the vehicle, the seat moves forward. This all started happening after a battery charger shorted out while it was hooked up to the battery, and yes the cables were hooked up correctly. Also having trouble with oil pressure gauge not always reading and RPM's not working. Could the seat and side view mirror's all be related to cluster?

Old 02-24-2020, 12:35 PM

for the seats you probably need to re adjust the exit position and same for backup mirror position then save them where you want them. the procedure is in the owners manual. the needles not working correctly is very common. you most likely need new servo motors installed into the cluster.

Old 02-25-2020, 06:00 AM

Agree with Bronxteck.

If you operate the Up/Down/Left/Right controls and the mirrors move correctly they are operating normally, same goes for the driver's seat controls.

It could be the memory positions got scrambled, but not sure how, technically there is no link with the cluster.