Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Shifter Cable .. New or easy repair ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 08:50 AM

Hope Angel,
Not exactly sure what you are trying to do with the kick down....

Umm a kickdown is used to drop a AT into a lower gear, so really why spend the money on a kick for part you I assume will be retrofitting.

If its the cable (which I doubt it is), just got to Lowes or Home Depot and get you some cable there. Then retrofit for length and attachment

Probably the whole thing will cost 10 bucks.
Personally i wouldnt cable I would go with a rod, but thats me

Old 09-05-2014, 09:13 AM

Hello Angel ..

I hope you would be able to do the repair BYS . Something to keep in mind after working with the shift cable ( at least it happen to me ) ... Sometime after parking You wont be able to remove the key , Do not panic , just move the shift stick side to side or up down then you will be able to remove the key .

I don't know what exactly cause this issue , I think it is some type of parking sensor . it start happening right after replacing the cable but didn't bother me much , I just deal with it

Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 PM

That's about how I fixed mine. I used a grade 8 shouldered bolt with nylon sleeve just because I had it available, then a ny-lock nut with washer.

Tim

Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 AM

Good morning!!! Just wanted to say thankyou again for all the help... "hmer" I took your advce, purchased a pack of th plastic fitted nuts....the whole pack was like $4.00. When I got home from work, I rolled under the hummer...and did exactly like you said..and OMG, it actually worked, 10 minutes later I was driving my mother to dinner....Thank you so much....I really appreciate the help and the advice...its so great to be able to fix something yourself......Power Swain..can go suck a fart.......lol... If I can ever repay the favor...hit me up....

Old 08-17-2019, 10:14 PM

I know this is an old thread I posted a few years ago

Im replaying my old thread to.let anyome knows how long beforr the shifter bushing cable get bad again
I replaced on the 2012 so it just get bad today again
7 years.
Also the shifter buttom was stuck for some reason. If you remove the shifter console there is a silver button on the side which you can press and release the shift lock

Well I guess this time I would have to do something different than a bushing which last 7 years