Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Second thoughts on the age of a used H2

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by hallavega
i have had and h3 and h2. The h2 is still in a class of its own. I have drive the new wrangler and bronco and the h2 isn’t a rival truck but actually the og in the off-road segment. The h3 is the rival to those other vehicles. A lot of what american general did with the h2 20+ years ago is being mirrored now as oem and aftermarket in 2024. I agree with the all the responses on this thread. I average about $1k or less a year on maintenance and new parts. I drive my h2 daily. I take it on road trips and it keeps on moving. If you like to drive fast, this is not the truck for someone. This vehicle is about enjoying the ride , living in the moment. Take your time when looking. Check the frame for rust. Especially around the gas tank and rear end. Check the fuse box for shady electrical work from previous owners. Most engine and brake suspension components are easy to get and affordable. Cosmetic parts are as available on marketplace or offerup. Just don’t get caught up on making it a 20 yr old
showroom truck. Own for a year or two. If you like it and want to make the cosmetic changes. Go ahead. Remember, no one cares you paid 2$k for a rear tire carrier or 3$k on interior reupholstery. It’s only worth what someone wants to pay after you. I hope you grab one and enjoy it for however long you own it.
very and very true.