Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

?s an comments on H2 rims

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 04:09 PM
Default ?s an comments on H2 rims

?s an comments on H2 rims

07' H2 Luxury 17" Chrome 8 Spoke Alloy Factory OEM rims

Are these rims just referred to as chrome but actually are polished aluminum?

I think these are 08 H2 rims could be wrong, do they have the same offset as earlier H2s?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s obvious the earlier H2 rims where either chrome

or unpolished aluminum rim this example has chrome hub caps which I believe is incorrect.

correct hub cap

My 07 has blackened rims (which I don’t care for much) is this blackened finish paint or powed coated?

An can it be removed for a aluminum finish? thanks

Old 10-14-2023, 08:16 AM

The first picture are the Alcoa forged limited edition wheels and you are correct, they call them chrome when it reality they are polished. They are more rare and a good score .

Old 10-14-2023, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Ask your questions to a wheel restoration business. Somebody painted or powder coated OEM rims black, not from the factory.

Used factory examples by year: OEM Hummer H2 Wheels - Used Factory Original Rims

Old 10-14-2023, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
The first picture are the Alcoa forged limited edition wheels and you are correct, they call them chrome when it reality they are polished. They are more rare and a good score .
yeah I prefer the polished look I think the scrapes can be sanded an polished.my spare has a little bit of chrome peeling off GM or Hummer must have sprayed so real cheap chrome on these so called chrome rims bc I see blemishs on alot of chrome rims. thanks

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Ask your questions to a wheel restoration business. Somebody painted or powder coated OEM rims black, not from the factory.

Used factory examples by year: OEM Hummer H2 Wheels - Used Factory Original Rims
good to now know the truth, a rim seller on FB told me fake infor, that the black rims where factory.
there's diffinity a bunch of blacked rims, proballey a murdered out look on blk H2s.
wonder if these el cheapo ebay hub caps 68mm will fit the alcoa, ebay seller seams to think they don't. maybe they can be repainted w/ aluminum
thanks

Last edited by HandsomeSteve; 10-14-2023 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2023, 07:27 PM

I got Mine here Cheap on the for sale section....Supper Swamp-ers ......Not chrome but you can Black them out..

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/p...h2-rims-47436/