Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Rock Slider Bolt Size

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 04:51 PM
Default Rock Slider Bolt Size

I have a 2007 Hummer H2. A few years ago I had someone remove my very rusted rock sliders. Unfortunately they threw the bolts out that mount them to the frame when they tossed the rock sliders. So I was able to buy some new rock sliders from a forum member. However they didn’t have the bolts either. Does anyone know the size of the bolts? I know it’s 20 total. Just not sure on the size that I need. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:35 PM

If nobody responds with the size,

If still available, you could buy one from the dealer and then match up the other 19 from a cheaper source.

I know these were a bit unique looking bolts (tapered on the tips) when I put changed out for brand new OEM rock sliders on my 2007 just a few months ago.

Old 06-07-2022, 11:15 PM

Dealer has no bolts. Can’t seem to really find much info.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:59 AM

Dealer can give you part number to bolt, whether it is available or discontinued. Does not matter. They will not have a dimensional description.

Then you google that part number to see what comes up for description of bolt. Maybe get lucky.

Alternatively, try some bolts in those threads to see what fits. Probably metric. I remember they were quite long, maybe 2", have to be threaded all the way.
You will have to spray lube the threads, because there is undercoating INSIDE the frame, which makes the threaded holes super sticky.

Maybe someone else will give you the size and pitch, if you get super lucky on this forum. Good luck.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:21 AM

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2022, 05:32 AM

@thefinestimage1 the caveat on this, mine is a 2005 so don't know the bolts are the same (good chance)

Even so, this info may help (it's knowing the part description)
  1. 1st I changed all the bolts for A4 Stainless Steel ones + A4 Washers as these will never rust or rot, I ground down the tips by hand.
  2. I still have them and according to my count there are 20-off
  3. The bolts were M12 x 50mm long Metric Flange Bolts. if you Google "Automotive M12 Hex Flange Bolt" for example here on eBay
  4. finall is quite correct, the leading tip of the bolt i.e. leading 10mm has been turned down to 10mm DIA so all the threads removed plus the tip has been rounded to 3mm

You will most certainly find "A4 M12 x 50 MM Hex Flange Bolt" but the "A4" bit makes them expensive, haven't found any with a "lead-in" yet.

For my rails, the "lead-in" on the bolts was essential, 1st I tried without but found it impossible to get the screw started, even with it they were a real pain.

Let us know if this info helps you.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
@thefinestimage1 the caveat on this, mine is a 2005 so don't know the bolts are the same (good chance)

Even so, this info may help (it's knowing the part description)
  1. 1st I changed all the bolts for A4 Stainless Steel ones + A4 Washers as these will never rust or rot, I ground down the tips by hand.
  2. I still have them and according to my count there are 20-off
  3. The bolts were M12 x 50mm long Metric Flange Bolts. if you Google "Automotive M12 Hex Flange Bolt" for example here on eBay
  4. finall is quite correct, the leading tip of the bolt i.e. leading 10mm has been turned down to 10mm DIA so all the threads removed plus the tip has been rounded to 3mm

You will most certainly find "A4 M12 x 50 MM Hex Flange Bolt" but the "A4" bit makes them expensive, haven't found any with a "lead-in" yet.

For my rails, the "lead-in" on the bolts was essential, 1st I tried without but found it impossible to get the screw started, even with it they were a real pain.

Let us know if this info helps you.
This will definitely help. Thank you.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:18 AM

Just to add the thread pitch is 1.75mm, measured with a gauge.

Can find GM M12 x40mm Flange Bolts here which might work, you would need to test one.

or there's a GM 50 x50 Flange transmission bolt, no the lead-in and only partially threaded here

You could try Nerf Bar suppliers, they may have the bolts.

Hope you manage to find some OEM ones.