Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Rear suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 09:27 PM
Default Rear suspension questions

I don't own a hummer I have a suburban and was planning to upgrade its axles and in the rear I was hoping to use a h2 axle. There's a couple of threads documenting swapping h2 axles in avalanches. Swapping the h2 axle in is mostly bolt on except for the lower control arm bolts being larger on h2 axle and the rear shocks mounts being wider apart.

I have spohn tubular rear control arms in my suburban. Spohn lists those control arms as fitting in h2s but when I tried searching for spohn control arms in a h2 I only found 1 thread that said they ran into the problem of the larger lower control arm bolts and spohn customer service not being helpful. Does anyone here have spohn control arms on there h2? What did you have to do to get the lower control arm bolt to work? Easiest option probably is just drill out the bolt sleeve.

Can someone please measure how far apart there rear shock mounts on there axle are. And could someone post a picture of the upper shock mount. I am trying to figure out what gm changed on the h2 shock mounts that makes them different from the other gm suvs.

Thank you