Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Question about the ERH, mine is stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
what model year is yours?

Old 01-04-2022, 10:52 AM

Yours is probably a single compressor version.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:58 AM

Yours is probably a single compressor version.
It is, I was thinking of upgrading.

Old 01-04-2022, 01:51 PM

So it will look like this...

The White & Blue wires connect to the exhaust solenoid I'm very familiar with the twin unit and I know there are operational differences in the electronics, for example the valve current monitoring is different. The Single unit monitors the 2 Inlet Valves + Exhaust Valve + AS Relay combined currents, whereas the Twin unit monitors the 2 Inlet valve currents separately, but this may only affect diagnostic tools (e.g. Tech2) the pneumatic piping layout is also looks different

It looks like the thinner bore pipe (green tag) on the exhaust valve could be the exhaust outlet, the pipe on the right may be the intake and the short thicker pipe may go to the Tire Inflator (this is all a guesswork)

I would try disconnecting the green tag pipe (if it is the exhaust) it may be blocked as I recall.

Perhaps others have done the conversion and may be able to help.

Old 01-04-2022, 03:12 PM

So it will look like this...

The White & Blue wires connect to the exhaust solenoid I'm very familiar with the twin unit and I know there are operational differences in the electronics, for example the valve current monitoring is different. The Single unit monitors the 2 Inlet Valves + Exhaust Valve + AS Relay combined currents, whereas the Twin unit monitors the 2 Inlet valve currents separately, but this may only affect diagnostic tools (e.g. Tech2) the pneumatic piping layout is also looks different

It looks like the thinner bore pipe (green tag) on the exhaust valve could be the exhaust outlet, the pipe on the right may be the intake and the short thicker pipe may go to the Tire Inflator (this is all a guesswork)

I would try disconnecting the green tag pipe (if it is the exhaust) it may be blocked as I recall.

Perhaps others have done the conversion and may be able to help.
Thank you! I will drop the shelf and report back

Old 01-04-2022, 04:18 PM

The dual compressor setup is a slight improvement but if yours is working it is certainly not enough to warrant the cost to upgrade. Also one tip per the GM eSI system, if you do upgrade to the newer style dual compressor shelf, do NOT allow any dealership to try to update the AS module software. Doing so will brick the newer module.

I need to dig around. I have a spare AS module for a single compressor model somewhere around here which are next to impossible to find. In the pictures above, it is barely visible along the right edge with the large light grey plug.