PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help, my H2 is making a noise i can't identify

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:36 PM

I'd just live w/ it untill you have enough jack to do it right.

IF you have a straight shot at it through the wheel well, you may be able to get it out w/ a bolt extractor. Thats a pain in the *** though, bits like to drift off center, etc..

Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM

Actually, although the headers have rust, they seem to be fine, so If I could just extract that broken bolt, without taking anything off, I could just put in a new bolt, and I think everything would be fine.. But the access is terrible, since it's the last one on the drivers side..

Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 AM

If I put some thermosteel or JB weld on a small nut, and put it in the header stud hole, where the broken stud is, that after drying, I could pull the newly welded nut with a wrench?
I don't know if that would work, or if the weld would brake when pulling it out with a wrench... I've never tried thermosteel or jbweld, so I don't know if the nut would be welded to the broken stud strong enough, to be able to pull it out without the weld breaking...

What do you guys think?

Old 11-04-2011, 03:29 AM

I'm pretty sure the JB Weld and Thermosteel will not hold if trying to use it to remove the broken stud. I use JB Weld and other epoxies all the time for projects and they aren't "that" strong.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cashville
If I put some thermosteel or JB weld on a small nut, and put it in the header stud hole, where the broken stud is, that after drying, I could pull the newly welded nut with a wrench?
I don't know if that would work, or if the weld would brake when pulling it out with a wrench... I've never tried thermosteel or jbweld, so I don't know if the nut would be welded to the broken stud strong enough, to be able to pull it out without the weld breaking...

What do you guys think?
Hi Cashville......

JB weld wont hold the nut/bolt to come off, removing the header and using a stud extractor along with some long soaks with PB Blaster would remove the broken bolt.........if still frozen some heat on it and try......

Once you remove the bolt and install , new Bolts/Nuts Make sure you put on Never-Seize on the threads, this will insure that if you, ever have to remove them again they will come right out, no matter how long there there.....

Hope this helps....Have a great day....Rick

2004H2
2006H3

Old 11-04-2011, 11:02 PM

Thanks for all the replys.

I was looking for a quick way to take the broken bolt without removing the headers, that would be the simplest way. But since that isn't possible, I'm really going for removing the heads, and putting in a new gasket along with new bolts and nover-seize on them.

Should I put oem bolts, or stonger ones? If so, can you help me out on a part number or somthing.

Thanks

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 PM

I'm looking up intake manifold gaskets and bolts on Ebay, and I can find the gaskets, but I can't find anyone selling bolts that are the same as OEM or Identical. Can anyone help me out?
I'm not from the USA, so I need to purchase it from ebay, because online stores usually don't have cheap shipping to european countries.

Thanks

Last edited by Cashville; 11-06-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:00 PM

I already found what I was looking for.

For anyone needing it also, bolts should have the same specs as these ones:

M8-1.25 x 30mm DIN 6921 Class Class 90 Yellow Zinc Serrated Flange Bolt | Fastenal