Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

odometer and speedometer not working

Old 01-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Default odometer and speedometer not working

I have read through post concerning speedometer and odometer issues but cannot find anything that matches my challenges exactly.

My speedometer and odometer is not working. When I start the vehicle the speedometer moves like a hair. Then there is no movement all at when driving. It is on zero.

I sent my cluster in to be repaired thinking it was a bad motor. When I received it back it still did not work and then noticed the odometer was not registering any miles. Not sure if the odometer when out before or after the repair since I had the vehicle parked doing getting ready to change the radio.

I researched the issue and just changed out the speed sensor on the transmission and got nothing out of the speedometer or odometer. Any help would be appreciated

2003 Hummer H2

Old 01-12-2019, 03:29 PM

Oh yeah, all other gauges work fine

Old 01-12-2019, 06:00 PM

I'd want to try it in another vehicle (any GM truck with the same style cluster is compatible) or at least connect a Tech 2 up and run a function test with that. If you know anyone with a full size GM truck or SUV from 2003 to 2007 you can swap and test the clusters. It hurts nothing and is really easy to do.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:12 PM

MixManSC...thanks.

I wish I had that kind of resource. I've been looking for an scanner tool that had gauge sweep capability to test. Thanks for the name.

On another note. Gas miles to empty registers. No Gas Auto Econ.

I think the repair guy may have rushed the job with the motors and possible impacted the soldering joints.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by kendawg
MixManSC...thanks.

I wish I had that kind of resource. I've been looking for an scanner tool that had gauge sweep capability to test. Thanks for the name.

On another note. Gas miles to empty registers. No Gas Auto Econ.

I think the repair guy may have rushed the job with the motors and possible impacted the soldering joints.
Update: checked wiring diagram for instrument cluster and found that the speedometer cable (green and white wire) had a bad connection. Everything works as it should now

Old 11-28-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by kendawg
Update: checked wiring diagram for instrument cluster and found that the speedometer cable (green and white wire) had a bad connection. Everything works as it should now
I have this same problem, where did you find the connection and problem (location of the fault)