PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Engine After All....lots of info

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 11:43 AM

This is a pic of the front section, passenger side

Old 06-13-2018, 12:36 PM

I posted the pics of the trans cooler lines because they were a pain to work with. Removing the lines was a challenge bc of the connector and the tension on the lines. When I re-attached the cooler lines to the new transmission, they were under huge amounts of tension and very hard to work with. Plus, one of the lines was running against catalytic converter. I didn’t bend anything during removal. However, after removing the lines to literally flush them individually, they no longer fit in the exact same spot. So, I decided to re-route the lines and slowly bend them to avoid catalytic converter and fit easily without any tension. Now, they fit very well and are easy to connect/disconnect.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:19 PM

I envy you guys who can repair and work on your own vehicles. I'm lucky to tighten a bolt properly without screwing it up. I learned long ago to let those who know how, work on my cars.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by rustywhite
I envy you guys who can repair and work on your own vehicles. I'm lucky to tighten a bolt properly without screwing it up. I learned long ago to let those who know how, work on my cars.

I find the 2s are still relatively easy to work on. The drivetrain is easily accessible as many other parts. You just learn by doing, buy a manual and start breaking bolts loose. Take stuff apart, put it back together, google, youtube, it's not as difficult as one may think.

I began tinkering with old cars when I was in elementary school with my father who taught me pretty much everything I know. He was not a mechanic, just learned by doing. Not today, I am the one teaching him when he needs something