Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Need urgent help .. Huge electric problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 03:01 PM

Glad to hear it was a personal FUBAR and not a GM gremlin lying in wait Mi ami-go. Sorry about the cost but it probably saved some of us at least that much if we tried the same thing.

I will try to remember this if out-of-nowhere electrical issues come up. We have critters here in the mountains that will move in overnight and chew the wiring to pieces.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:07 AM

"I will try to remember this if out-of-nowhere electrical issues come up. We have critters here in the mountains that will move in overnight and chew the wiring to pieces.[/QUOTE]"

Im the real critter here .. Give me a drill/bit then Im dangerous

Old 02-14-2016, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
"I will try to remember this if out-of-nowhere electrical issues come up. We have critters here in the mountains that will move in overnight and chew the wiring to pieces.
"

Im the real critter here .. Give me a drill/bit then Im dangerous [/QUOTE]

Old 02-23-2016, 08:08 PM

Finally got it back

Well the problem ended being the bad connection melted a wire and this one create a reaction chain . The truck turn in lock mode . The communication with the pcm was lost

The Dealer fixed and Im happy for that However a $1300 bill for running a wire from the fuse box in front the driver seat to the fuse box in the engine compartment os a RIP OFF ... they didnt even bother to hide tge wire in the harness. Just run it on the side
They said it took about 9 hr to identify the problem and fixed
Really , if the dealer mechanics spent 9hr (4 weeks total)to find a wire and replaced that way then they need better mechanics

I was so mad . They dont show you the truck till you paid in full . So once you realized what they did there is nothing to do

Btw now I just find out the low beam headlights arent working . Will check fuse/relay/hid tomorrow

Old 02-24-2016, 09:19 AM

Electrical problems are usually very easy to repair, it's finding the problem that is the hard part. I would not be so upset. $1300 is a lot but in the end you got your truck fixed. Other places could have told you that the BCM was bad or other parts while they were guessing and replacing parts.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Electrical problems are usually very easy to repair, it's finding the problem that is the hard part. I would not be so upset. $1300 is a lot but in the end you got your truck fixed. Other places could have told you that the BCM was bad or other parts while they were guessing and replacing parts.
I agreed with you about shops and lies thats why I took it to tge dealer but what I dont understand is how the dealer runs a wire on the side of the groomet like any accessories shop would do ...
For 1300 I was waiting a professional job
They should had take the tape wrapping the harness which is torn anyway due the work and run the wire thru the grommet then wrap it again ...
... The bill state $15 in parts ... really the charge me 1285 in labor and cant even do it the right way .
And the guy wants me to be thankful because they gave me a car for free the last 3 days a. That was the least they can do after taking almost 4 weeks to run a wire

Old 02-27-2016, 08:36 AM

See it's not running the wire that took the time, it's figuring out which wire was bad and tracing the wires from each end of the harness or BCM connector. I agree though that the wire should be taped up. Piggyback wiring repair is the way it's done now days. You wouldn't want them to call and say there is a wire bad in your harness and we need to replace the entire harness. I am not trying to argue with you I was just trying to have you step back and see the bigger picture.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
See it's not running the wire that took the time, it's figuring out which wire was bad and tracing the wires from each end of the harness or BCM connector. I agree though that the wire should be taped up. Piggyback wiring repair is the way it's done now days. You wouldn't want them to call and say there is a wire bad in your harness and we need to replace the entire harness. I am not trying to argue with you I was just trying to have you step back and see the bigger picture.
Now that I'm more calm and forgot the hole in my pocket I have to agree with you . They told me the same thing . Asked me if I rather to pay another $1000 to get the whole harness replaced caused a single wire
In fact i apologized with the service guy.
After looking back I realized they fix the clogged drain hose at not charged They also gave me a brand new suv cadillac for the last 5 days due to the delay .
Well at the end I'm happy it was only that . And the beast is back home

Btw I found a very good accessories place to install the lights and the roof bar . The guy will also reorganize all the mess with the wiring for the Amp/Hid/winch etc

Will post after ... thanks

Old 03-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Default roof led and work lights .. Check

End of the story . Finally after 1 month I get to install the Led bar and lights
After the bad experience while trying to Do it myself I decided to take to a place very well recommend and for the first time I came out from a car shop with a smile in my face and happy to spend my hard made $ in a worth it place

Need urgent help .. Huge electric problem-20160302_174351.jpg

Need urgent help .. Huge electric problem-20160302_174313.jpg

Need urgent help .. Huge electric problem-20160302_174300.jpg

Need urgent help .. Huge electric problem-20160302_174334.jpg

Old 03-03-2016, 08:05 AM

Looks very nice. I bet that thing is REALLY bright.

Quick Reply: Need urgent help .. Huge electric problem