Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Need urgent help .. Huge electric problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:17 AM

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but for DRL installation, i bought something very similar to this.. Not installed it yet, but has anyone else had any experience with such products ?

LED DRL Relay Harness Unit Daytime Running Light Automatic on Off Switch Kit C05 | eBay

I was going to use this to replace the DRL assembly but leave the factory harness/lamp holder in place.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but for DRL installation, i bought something very similar to this.. Not installed it yet, but has anyone else had any experience with such products ?

LED DRL Relay Harness Unit Daytime Running Light Automatic on Off Switch Kit C05 | eBay

I was going to use this to replace the DRL assembly but leave the factory harness/lamp holder in place.
The lights works perfect. Problem was install. You cannot connect the power to any other source other than the battery . Make sure you get the installation instructions and understamd how a really works before doing
Anything .
I just tow the truck to the dealer . The guy said it could be different but he think the Ecu is fried . Also he said if that's the problem or wasn't the lights but a bad alarm connection which put to much stress on the unit then the bad light connection ended the problem
Well i guess will figure out soon.
For now my bill is close to 300 just to check wjat happen and also they will fix the sunroof Leak

Old 02-02-2016, 05:45 PM

Btw the dealer will check and fix the problem with the leaking sunroof. . I will post if I can get any info how they fix it

Old 02-02-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I replied to your other thread but with basically the same info posted here.

I cannot see how in any way installing some LED lights would damage anything. What does the relay have to do with anything regarding installing LED lights??

EDIT: Nevermind that question above, I saw your other thread about installing lights. I would personally NEVER install lights by running off the factory relays. You should be using complete separate relay harnesses for each set of lights and using a signal wire from the headlights, DRL's, or whatever you want to activate the separate relay and turn the lights on.

It only takes one small mistake to fry a computer when you start messing with wires in the fuse box.
Yep ... this "small" mistake is going to cost me big $$$ ... well the good part is they will fix the leaking sunroof and check fuel pump,injectors etc as a preventive mantenience.
Still got to connect the lights back and also the roof bar but for sure I will triple check connections before turning them on

Old 02-03-2016, 08:13 AM

The one thing that scares me most about the H2 is how delicate the electrical system seems to be. I've only had mine for 4 months and I've read about way too many electrical incidences to scare me away from even changing the bulbs in the H2.

I've modified all my cars in the past, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the best H2 is one that you just let be.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by mulepic
The one thing that scares me most about the H2 is how delicate the electrical system seems to be. I've only had mine for 4 months and I've read about way too many electrical incidences to scare me away from even changing the bulbs in the H2.

I've modified all my cars in the past, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the best H2 is one that you just let be.
I agree with you but to be honest I cant keep my hands in the pocket
Everytime I change something I start looking for something else . I think it is in my ADN already

I got to finish the led lights . my Roof bar is also waiting . Was plannimg for rear lights . Not sure if Im going to do it myself or take to the shop . I dont trust anybody touching my truck however after this incident Im leaning to look for someone who does a n outstanding ljob

Old 02-03-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by mulepic

What specific issues are you talking about? Quite a few issues arise from tinkering around with the factory relays or fuses. Using relay harnesses to install light bars or anything else for that matter are generally trouble free.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
What specific issues are you talking about? Quite a few issues arise from tinkering around with the factory relays or fuses. Using relay harnesses to install light bars or anything else for that matter are generally trouble free.
Delicate electric system It is not about the H2 but every car in the market .
It is true. Sometime Even change a bulb could destroy the whole system.

Not in my case. Like I state before it was completely my fault.
I have installed lights, amps, head unit, hid , backup camera amd never had a problem. Once you make a mistake then bump , dealer time ...
You live to learn. Double check connections. Look info online. And DON'T BE IN A HURRY .. that was my biggest problem. I was trying to finish the install quickly to continued with the roof bar

Old 02-12-2016, 06:36 PM

Finally after 2 long weeks I got an update today

Dealer call me today with the goods amd the bad news

The good . It looks the pcm , ecm are both good . There was no communication with the pcm and the truck got a lock code which happens when someone try to steal it cutting the wiring or use the wrong key

What was the reason all tgis happens ... Due to my very smart and bright idea of drill thru the firewall grommet.
I create a big mess cutting&tangle wires all around
The mechanic was almost in shock
Also he said the alarm connected by a "professional" place was so bad connected he couldnt check anything without removing first
He said he will try to reconnect it back if it wasnt fried

Well the really bad news is the bill is around $1100+

Whoooo really dont mess with the Oem firewall grommet . Get a new
Hole and an aftermarket grommet
This is going to end over $2000 counting the 3 weeks rental car

Btw I got to drive a wrangler for 2 weeks . Will post unbiased review later

Old 02-12-2016, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Whoooo really dont mess with the Oem firewall grommet . Get a new
Hole and an aftermarket grommet
I second this. I did something similar but I caught it in time and only had to solder together 1 wire that got nicked. The firewall grommet is a no-go zone.

Quick Reply: Need urgent help .. Huge electric problem