Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 12:08 PM

When in a vehicle you are not supposed to connect a charger or jumper cables directly to the battery. You are supposed to open the little red cover, connect positive to the stud in there, and connect the ground to the alternator bracket (or other good solid ground point). Safer and generally works just as well.

Not as helpful on a battery not in a vehicle of course. Then you have to pretty much find some bolts just the right size to charge a side post....

One thing I'm planning on adding to mine is to hard wire in a set of heavy duty Andersen connectors and then have jumper cables that plug into the connector. Very common on certain commercial vehicles and a nice way to connect power. You can even get another connector to add to a charger. Some Amazon sellers even make pre-configured kits now too. For the big connectors you can also get dust covers, etc.

This is some "Energizer" branded ones like I'm talking about.
Amazon Amazon

Old 05-01-2019, 02:21 PM

That’s a great tip MixManSC... I have a decent battery charger but I don’t understand why they put such short leads on it just barely made it to the battery. I like the idea of having the cables relocated for better access.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:23 PM

maxjeep, do you think the Amp steps could be installed with the OEM rocker guard still in place?

Not the big side steps but the small guard up against the body. I'm torn between the Amp steps and the big steps that come on the H2. I want the protection of the big steps for when someone swings a door open, but I like the Amp steps.

Neal

Old 05-01-2019, 06:41 PM

The AMP steps were on it when I purchased it. I really don’t like how far down the other steps hang down and taking them off is like adding a 4” lift. The amp steps are there when you need them and tucked away when you don’t and after having them I will never have another lifted vehicle without them. I don’t think you have room for both maybe I will get a pic and then you can decide.you have 3/8” between step and plastic. Steps do stick out a past body.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:56 AM

Now you are working with the headlights why don't too replace those ugly old yellow lights
Amazon have a bunch of Led to choose from . Any 7" will work with little mod of the housing
I replaced mine and the look changed 100%for better and the light output is amazing compared to the Oem

Old 05-02-2019, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Now you are working with the headlights why don't too replace those ugly old yellow lights
Amazon have a bunch of Led to choose from . Any 7" will work with little mod of the housing
I replaced mine and the look changed 100%for better and the light output is amazing compared to the Oem
that picture does make them look yellow, they are not yellow and I did replace the bulbs with some really nice bright white leds.

Old 05-02-2019, 01:55 PM

i used those Hikari "eye of megatron" on mine too. it was a great upgrade from stock. very noticeable. simple and clean install with no modifications.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
i used those Hikari "eye of megatron" on mine too. it was a great upgrade from stock. very noticeable. simple and clean install with no modifications.
that’s what I liked most was easy install and not searching for stuff to make them work. They will blind you at the right angle

Old 05-03-2019, 12:07 AM

I used 1/2” emt and conduit locks that use a 1/4 x 20 bolt. It’s like a nut insert that we use for ductwork stiffeners on medium pressure systems.

My butchered cooler. Hahaha
I figured out how to mount the cooler and I really wish I would have got one 6” shorter. I moved the power steering over a little over an inch. I didn’t really have any idea how I was going to move it so I cut the brackets off and built back to them. I still need to mount the passenger side support when I take it back off. I still haven’t made up my mind if I going to use the Be Cool transmission cooler in the radiator or if I’m going to bypass it like most have done. I need my radiator before I can figure out how I am going to plumb it. Power steering cooler was a bitch but it turned out ok.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:13 AM

Sorry I wasn't referring to your lights but the light output from the oem bulbs . The Led bulbs will make a difference but believe me once you replace the headlight you wont regret . the dark housing will match better with your truckeliminating the chrome on the old oem lights .

Originally Posted by maxjeep
that picture does make them look yellow, they are not yellow and I did replace the bulbs with some really nice bright white leds.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2