PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To much storage...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 04:42 AM
Default To much storage...

Started on my MOLLE storage inside the truck. Got a couple more thing to add to the ones on the back of the seats ( med kits and some D rigs for misc. stuff ) and need to get some light bar mounts for the old tire rack so I can tie the panels to them instead of the spiderweb of paracord I have now. But that’s just temporary for now eventually I’m gonna replace the stock paracord with straps. Just wanted to see the fit and look, I’ll post the final picks when done, lol, it may be a few weeks tho. Plus those empty pouches need stuff in them lol right now it kinda looks like a jumbled mess....ROFL and fold & repack my pink shopping bags!!

Attached Thumbnails To much storage...-2001c933-4fb5-44c9-bc4f-2114272d146b.jpeg   To much storage...-10aa794f-acd2-4baf-b0e9-9e0bd704ec96.jpeg  

Last edited by E-dragon; 10-17-2017 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:41 AM

Thats a great idea. I like it. The H2 never did have enough storage inside the cabin.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Thats a great idea. I like it. The H2 never did have enough storage inside the cabin.
Yea, I had a expedition b4 the H2 and I was use to the space and cargo space for the matter. Also cup holders on/in the doors, but I’m gonna fix that on my H2 also, soon as the parts I need arrive. The cup holders in the center consul are about worthless. Tho I should mention the custom dog bed that I made that fits on the storage box does kinda impede on one of the two drink holders. but it’s his truck anyway so he’s gotta have his throne

Last edited by E-dragon; 10-17-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:13 AM

Excluding behind the second row of seats, my extended cab GMC pickup which is decidedly much smaller has much more storage space.

While I think the floor shifter is somewhat cool, I've already been considering how I could convert it to column shift. My GMC pickup, the cupholder and console are in the same space but are much more useful and has a LOT more storage space available.

On the shifter, replacing the steering column with one from a truck would actually be pretty simple. The problem is the shifter would interfere with the right side of the dash plastics around the instrument cluster. I think that the cluster bezel could be cut, notched, smoothed out and refinished to work around that but I have not had time to really take a good close look to see exactly where things would land and or hit. If it were to also possibly hit the center stack than that would be a lot more work as well but some might also could be avoided by slightly bending the column shifter itself.

Another plus is the tow/haul button is on the end of the shifter on the trucks. That means you could repurpose that button for something else or tie in the wires to the tow/haul button on the center stack and then repurpose that button for something else.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:19 PM

Yea, I always get “ wow that thing MUST have a ton of room” ... Not to be bias, but by far my old expedition was the best and almost perfect vehicle for travel.... At least twice the cargo room and COOLED & heated seats...

Last edited by E-dragon; 10-18-2017 at 10:21 PM.