Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

LoJac963's H2 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 05:03 PM

Hey Lojac,
New hubs are great. Where did you buy your bump stops? I am shopping now for some. I took mine into the shop today and had new rear coil springs put on as my passenger side was sagging about 3/4". I wanted new coils on both sides before I begin the front end work.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Nice! You recently replaced those old bump stops too I see... Those actually improve the ride as the H2 actually rides on those a small amount. Nice garage floor too - I need to epoxy mine.....
I did our first house on my own with one of the kits from Home Depot. This home was already done when we bought it. Not as durable as dropping a large impact socket or anything big will chip the stuff. Talking to a friend who owns a coating business, said it's probably not a two part mix which is why it chips. I've thought about having it sanded out and redone but why fix something that's already done right? I also find myself pressure washing it out and using a large squeegee to make it nice and shiny which kills the back lol!

Originally Posted by HummininTX
Hey Lojac,
New hubs are great. Where did you buy your bump stops? I am shopping now for some. I took mine into the shop today and had new rear coil springs put on as my passenger side was sagging about 3/4". I wanted new coils on both sides before I begin the front end work.
Bump stops I ordered from amazon:

Amazon Amazon

Those should be the "Z71" bump stops which are supposed to be a better material than our stock ones. I couldn't compare as both of mine were blown apart. I never thought about checking my rear springs, I do have 1.5" spacers under them but never though to measure them.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:33 PM

LoJac, I wished you lived a lil' closer to me, I could learn a few things! Really NICE Upgrades! Have you took it back to the Dealership since you did everything to it, they definitely wouldn't even recognize it.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
LoJac, I wished you lived a lil' closer to me, I could learn a few things! Really NICE Upgrades! Have you took it back to the Dealership since you did everything to it, they definitely wouldn't even recognize it.
Thanks for the comment! I've had the thing for so long I doubt the dealership would even know they sold it.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:18 AM

Do you do these kind of Mods to any other vehicles you own or is it just the H2? Sounds like you're a pretty much hands on guy that does most of his own work!

Old 08-12-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
Do you do these kind of Mods to any other vehicles you own or is it just the H2? Sounds like you're a pretty much hands on guy that does most of his own work!
I am, I still change the oil in both our daily drivers. Cars has always been a hobby of mine. My 16 Canyon I lifted and installed a Volant intake like my H2 but that's about it. I have put more time and money into my 2 than any other vehicle I've ever owned. I enjoy tinkering around on that old girl lol. There's not many 2's in my area anymore and the ones that are around have every piece of ebay chrome on them with 24 inch wheels so I enjoy taking mine out from time to time. She's been a garage queen for a few years now, she's my weekend shooting rig to haul around firearms and all my steel targets.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:52 PM

Nice..... same scenario here. All the other ones around are blinged out with gobs of cheesy stick on chrome. The only bits I have are the real billet ones (hood grabs), side vents, and door handle bezels (those are billet black chrome). Mine did come with the stupid chrome backs on the mirrors too but I've never bothered to try and remove them. I'd like to get a pair of the newer style mirrors but they are stupidly expensive.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:20 AM

You have mad skills, beautiful H2, thanks for sharing.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by raftrman
You have mad skills, beautiful H2, thanks for sharing.
Thank you, I appreciate that. I've put a lot of my time and work into that old lady lol.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:28 PM

After 9 months and constant follow ups I finally received my passenger side GOBI ladder and the heavy duty struts.

Here's a shot of both ladders:

Name:  IGOKINu.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  1.75 MB

The GOBI heavy duty struts. The hatch flies open now so forcefully I actually have to keep a hand on it lol:

Name:  0SD4CY4.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  543.7 KB

I also added an external TPMS setup to keep an eye on my PSIs since after the lift I have to keep the rears aired down a bit to get in and out of the garage.

Name:  uHtjJbx.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  404.9 KB

Quick Reply: LoJac963's H2 Build Thread