Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

IF you were to replace your hummer what will you choose (hypothetically)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 11:39 PM

Unless something else came out before I was forced to trade my H2 for a non-Hummer I'd probably go with the previous gen Tahoe. Of course I'd have to Hummer-ize it with a lift, hacked fenders + flares, 35" or 37" tires, lockers and gears....

Old 03-04-2016, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by yrkdmaxh2
I'd love one of these, but it's out of my price range.

That and it has a ford engine in it LOL

X2 but remove the Ford ****ty convert to diesel

Old 03-04-2016, 05:40 AM

Had any one notice the last jeep (renegade)
Wow that looks disgusting it make me sick . It is a combination between a jeep an euro car and some China $hiet .
Sorry of anyone had one but can't stand that abomination

Last edited by H2Miami; 03-04-2016 at 05:43 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:23 AM

RE: Jeeps...everything is just so cheaply made on a Jeep. It might be good for going over or climbing rocks slowly in low gear at a steep mountain pass, but honestly...these things are cheaply made. I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that is just falling apart. The list of issues, problems, fixes, time spent at the dealership makes me just want to dump the sucker. Other issues too, such as you can only go 45 mph in 4 wheel drive (as the manufacturer's manual states)...that just sucks ****. Outside of 4 wheel drive, you are dealing with a tinker toy that handles terribly. They are also not really safe vehicles to drive. Get in an accident and you will be in trouble. Hummer's really spoil you in every respect. They drive great, they handle great in all types of weather, they are safe, built like a tank...what else could you ask for?
A Hummer just feels so solid to drive from the first time you get in one. You simply don't get that same feeling driving a Jeep. I will never forget that first time I got behind the wheel of a Hummer and actually drove it...Heaven!!!

Old 03-05-2016, 08:05 AM

How about H3 . I've been looking for a vehicle for my daughter . Wrangler was her first choice but I'm looking for safety stability a vehicle which could be mod amd also which looks good
H2/H1 will be to much for her .. maybe a H3
Are those solid . Which model is the most recommended.
Thx

Old 03-05-2016, 08:27 AM

i had a black h2 4 years ago and i sold it for a 2008 LTZ tahoe. loved my tahoe it was awesome but just not a hummer. wound up buying my current h2 a few months ago.

if i had to sell it i would probably get another big SUV tahoe/yukon/Escalade. i feel like jeeps are to cheap and toyish for me. my buddy has a newer wrangler and i cant compare it to my h2 at all.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
How about H3 . I've been looking for a vehicle for my daughter . Wrangler was her first choice but I'm looking for safety stability a vehicle which could be mod amd also which looks good
H2/H1 will be to much for her .. maybe a H3
Are those solid . Which model is the most recommended.
Thx
The H3 is a great vehicle, leaps and bounds safer for your daughter. They are super solid and tough. My H3 saved my life in a terrible accident. I was traveling 60 mph in the left lane of a three lane road when a driver in a new Land Rover in the middle lane about two car lengths in front of me decide to suddenly turn left, cutting me off and I slammed into him at full speed. If I had been driving my Jeep, I would have been killed...
Don't put your baby girl in a Jeep...find yourself a nice used H3. They are pretty easy to find, bullet proof, reliable, cheap to fix, and tough as hell. AWD 40/60 platform is great for rain and snow (although it looks like you are in Miami...so snow is not an issue) and god forbid she gets in an accident, she will come out in one piece. Only a Volvo XC90 is better for crashes, but that is Volvo's raison d'etre. She will love driving an H3!

Funny story, my office manager and I both bought our Hummer H3's new in 2008. We both drove the snot out of our H3's and sold them both around the same time 6 years later. She had close to 200K on the odometer. We both bought brand new Jeeps and within about a week or so...we both regretted buying them and missed out Hummers immensely. It only took a week for the newness of the Jeep to wear off and realize that we both made mistakes. Update...we both bought used Hummers within the last few weeks...we are back in Hummers! I bought an H2 (California) and she bought another nice H3 from Texas! We're back!!!

Old 03-08-2016, 08:32 AM

I traded my 06 Jeep Commander in for my H2 - I must say it was a great vehicle - Reliable as heck, great ride, lots of seating and cargo space, comfortable and excellent off road. Shame they discontinued them.

That said - Nothing could replace my H2 - I still love to just get in it and drive just to ride around. Will buy another H2 (H1?) when the time comes but got my 04 with just 60,000 on the odometer and the best Carfax/Service Records I have ever seen. The previous owner had every recommended maintenance item done and changed every fluid in the vehicle several times (oil every 2500)
Will always have a Hummer!!