Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

IF you were to replace your hummer what will you choose (hypothetically)

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 03:13 PM

Easy question.

Had an H2 (2003) sold it 5 years ago thinking I didn't need an SUV anymore. Missed it right away.

Bought a 2008 last year. Couldn't be happier.

If I were to ever to sell my current H2 it would be to buy another H2.

Nothing else drives like it, or feels like and puts a smile on my face like it.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:25 PM

Replaced my 2003 H2 w/ a 2012 Ram 2500...
I realized, in hindsight, that his was a huge downgrade. Other than mpg improvement, the materials quality was a major step down. It rode like crap & just wasn't a fun vehicle to drive. Parking was a nightmare.

Ended up trading it in for my 2009 H2.
I'll end up having a 2nd SUV, but will never get rid of the 2009. If anything, I'd eventually try to find a very high mileage 2008/2009 h2 SUT & convert that to a diesel too.

Despite the width (which is now almost the same as current Yukon/Suburban/Tahoes and other large SUVs), the short length makes is pretty easy to get into smaller spaces that these longer SUVs/Trucks could never dream of. I can still seat 6 comfortably, 7 if I had opted for the bench.

SUVs are so big now, yet are totally incapable of offroading despite how much touting is done by the various companies out there.

For those saying Jeep, lol @ chrylser. That's my response. Everything they make is complete junk. I've been in CJs & other jeeps. They felt like low end vehicles w/ decent suspensions, once modified. I don't get the love affair with them. The "nice" jeeps are still garbage & have no offroad-ability.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
Replaced my 2003 H2 w/ a 2012 Ram 2500...
I realized, in hindsight, that his was a huge downgrade. Other than mpg improvement, the materials quality was a major step down. It rode like crap & just wasn't a fun vehicle to drive. Parking was a nightmare.

Ended up trading it in for my 2009 H2.
I'll end up having a 2nd SUV, but will never get rid of the 2009. If anything, I'd eventually try to find a very high mileage 2008/2009 h2 SUT & convert that to a diesel too.

Despite the width (which is now almost the same as current Yukon/Suburban/Tahoes and other large SUVs), the short length makes is pretty easy to get into smaller spaces that these longer SUVs/Trucks could never dream of. I can still seat 6 comfortably, 7 if I had opted for the bench.

SUVs are so big now, yet are totally incapable of offroading despite how much touting is done by the various companies out there.

For those saying Jeep, lol @ chrylser. That's my response. Everything they make is complete junk. I've been in CJs & other jeeps. They felt like low end vehicles w/ decent suspensions, once modified. I don't get the love affair with them. The "nice" jeeps are still garbage & have no offroad-ability.
I disagree about the Jeep offroad capability lack . Yes those jeeps rides like crap . But once the suspension is mod they offer a great offroad exp plus the smaller size make it easier to get in some places
Not to be compared to the Hummer but either can't said they aren't good
I liked the inside , looks sport and durable . There are thousands of customization for jeeps , probably more than any other vehicle Plus it is a fun beach, weekend vehicle ... and looks different
I rather my H2 1000 times but if I had to choose it will be a Jeep over any of the boring SUV out there

Old 03-01-2016, 10:51 AM

I mean the quality of chrysler products. Every single vehicle they make is ****. That's why I wouldn't look at any of the new jeeps. They don't last. The insides are just as crappy as their transmissions. If they are anything like my previous challenger or ram, then my argument will hold true.

The only real benefit I see is the small size. Beyond that, nothing. Having to put a lift on anything means it's not offroad ready. If I had to mod a suspension, I'd buy a GMC Canyon or something like that. At least I could use that as a daily driver & it should last.

It's too bad that Ford doesn't have any real plans for reviving the Bronco. I'm in no way a ford fan, but the recent mockups would be great if they threw a lift on it. Even without a lift, it looks to have good ground clearance. If I could just live w/ the fact that it's a Ford, I'd be interested. Or just buy a Ford Raptor. That's probably the only Ford truck I could live with. It looks miles better than any jeep out today & can offroad with the best of them.

https://www.newsledge.com/2020-ford-bronco-concept/

Last edited by Synthetickiller; 03-01-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
I disagree about the Jeep offroad capability lack . Yes those jeeps rides like crap . But once the suspension is mod they offer a great offroad exp plus the smaller size make it easier to get in some places
Not to be compared to the Hummer but either can't said they aren't good
I liked the inside , looks sport and durable . There are thousands of customization for jeeps , probably more than any other vehicle Plus it is a fun beach, weekend vehicle ... and looks different
I rather my H2 1000 times but if I had to choose it will be a Jeep over any of the boring SUV out there
I agree. Jeeps are a ton of fun. Had my first cj when i was 18. Sold it five years later and kicked my *** as soon as i watched it leave down the road. 15 years later i got another that i did a ground up build on. I replaced the frame and wvery bolt and nut was taken out and replaced. It is really fun to drive and i get more attention than lambo's. I do agree with synthetickiller though. IMO chryslers are good for 3yrs and then the wheels fall off. The last real jeep was made in 1986.

I have actually been trying to decide if i should sell one of the two. I'm out of space. My oldest is starting to drive and we have too many vehicles. My wife is just about to get a company vehicle. So i had thoughts of taking her Yukon and selling the deuce. As nice as the Yukons are. They don't compare.

Another thing that made me think of selling is they are worth about 5-7k more than they were 6mos. Ago. Due to gas prices and our crappy dollar. You guys are buying all our suvs and trucks at the moment. Really tough to find a clean one.

Again, I'm going to have to agree with synthetickiller. I would really like to take a high miler and drop a duramax in it. Would really be the ultimate.

Other than that i would have to say a duramax crew cab 4x4. Which is what lead me to buy the H2 in the first place. Everybody is driving a jacked up pick up. I like being different.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:40 PM

I replaced my 2008 Hummer with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and I can say that most Chrysler products are complete garbage, IMHO. Not even close to the quality build that Hummer was putting out. Now, I am back in a Hummer!

Old 03-01-2016, 07:55 PM

Good info here about jeep . I didnt know7nit was that bad . I know Chrysler is a.garbage but was hoping the Jeep.still.was.built different .
Still my daughter will want a jeep was planning for a new model but I will save my $ and get an older model
For cheaper price . Make some mods and hope for the best for the coming 3 years . After that I know she will wants to replace it for another vehicle
The Ford raptor looks great but the price tag doesn't match with my Ford experience which isnt the best

To be honest almost all american made engines are trash after 100k
Some better than others but not comparable with Japan engines

Even Gm which is on top isnt too good
My 135k honda element doesn't leak a drop of oil
My 100k hummer sweet oil
Honda never replaced a part
Hummer needs . Water pump . Alternator ac belt

Im not complaining about Hummer just saying that all american engines are prone to fail after the 100 . Of course somes are much worse than others

Old 03-01-2016, 10:01 PM

I'd love one of these, but it's out of my price range.

That and it has a ford engine in it LOL

Old 03-02-2016, 01:52 PM

2016?? Ford Bronco Diesel!

Old 03-03-2016, 10:10 PM

The new Jeep grand cherokee's use the ZF 8 speed trans which is very solid, and the diesel is the same one used in the ram 1500 and GM's canyon truck made by VM Motori in Italy. So at least the motor and trans are good. The body is built on a Benz unibody. Can't say anything about anything else inside it though LOL

Quick Reply: IF you were to replace your hummer what will you choose (hypothetically)