Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 idle surging

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by myrddin
I see this tool... might get them clean... assuming the output is ok...

beler Universal Auto Car Fuel Injector Nozzle Flush Cleaner Adapter DIY Cleaning Tool Kit Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RC9JMY..._7XPMDbH2A6TYY
Another 16bucks wasted..

Old 10-06-2019, 09:40 PM

Alright I’ll get the injectors for 57.00 and return the TPS...

anything else I should grab? Sounds like you guys feel like this is a good idea... I appreciate the guidance. I’m like 250.00 into this already.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:03 PM

Alright I’ll get the injectors for 57.00 and return the TPS...

anything else I should grab? Sounds like you guys feel like this is a good idea... I appreciate the guidance. I’m like 250.00 into this already.
Your 250.00 into, on your own. I only stated to check air/fuel delivery, add seafoam(10bucks) and top tier fuel, . Btw, 250.00 is less than a car payment.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:10 PM

Lol... all good. The plugs and wires were due.. 2 of the wires fell apart as I pulled them. The TB was a mess... I don’t know when it was cleaned last... trust me... I’m looking to get some things caught up. Less I need to worry about down the road.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:26 PM

Lol... all good. The plugs and wires were due.. 2 of the wires fell apart as I pulled them. The TB was a mess... I don’t know when it was cleaned last... trust me... I’m looking to get some things caught up. Less I need to worry about down the road.

I'm enjoying the fact that my out of pocket expense (Purchase Price+Maintenance+Repairs)on my Hummer, has cost me under $250.00 average per month, since I have owned it.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:34 PM

i think i spend that on gas alone in a month LOL

Old 10-06-2019, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
i think i spend that on gas alone in a month LOL
You ruined my vibe. I didn't include the cost of fuel in my average cost! LOL In 2yrs with low maintenance and repair costs, I could be under $200. average per month.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:25 AM

Ok folks. I decided to take the day off to fool with the H2. For the heck of it I kept the TPS on just to text and also replaced the TB seal as well. I have had it idling for an hour and I am currently unable to get the surging idle to happen. I can’t drive it because I’m replacing the transfer case output shaft seal too... the drive shaft is out (waiting on the seal to show up). But I notice something that I don’t remember before... if I stomp it s bit (give it a lot of gas) I can hear a surging noise... has a very slight delay but reeves good... and it drops to idle just fine. If I accelerate slow or normal there is no surge and all seems fine. I just want to see if one of you folks could romp on the gas peddle a few times with the hood up (open) to see if it sounds like my video. I think I am paranoid at this point.

I guess ill keep things as is fir now, I’m wondering if the TB seal helped or if for some reason the TPS did. I half way want to swap the TPS back to see if I can reproduce. But I’m also getting tiered of working on it too.

Thoughts?

Check this video out... listen to the surge when I romp it.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Cold air intake or air filter lid off while doing that? With a cold air intake you can generally hear a quick noise when you goose the throttle which it the intake suddenly sucking in a massive amount of air in a hurry. You can hear it a tiny bit with the stock air tube (big tube between the throttle body and the filter box) as well but the baffles in the stock air tube muffles that very well. On the stock tube, without the lid on the air filter box you can hear it a bit better or if testing without the air tube (not going to run well though since the MAF is on the air tube by the filter box). Aftermarket air tubes flow a little more freely and do not have the baffles in them to quiet that down. That does sound like it is sucking air in to me which is normal.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:06 PM

Ok folks. I decided to take the day off to fool with the H2. For the heck of it I kept the TPS on just to text and also replaced the TB seal as well. I have had it idling for an hour and I am currently unable to get the surging idle to happen. I can’t drive it because I’m replacing the transfer case output shaft seal too... the drive shaft is out (waiting on the seal to show up). I think I am paranoid at this point.

I guess ill keep things as is fir now, I’m wondering if the TB seal helped or if for some reason the TPS did. I half way want to swap the TPS back to see if I can reproduce. But I’m also getting tiered of working on it too.

Thoughts?

Check this video out... listen to the surge when I romp it.
https://youtu.be/NarJl0kOrpw
Sounds way better than you first surging video, Oh yeah and i saw your driveshaft play video, which happens to be a same issue mine has and that amount of play is excessive therefore i am going to rebuild the transfercase before adding a new seal. chain has way to much play. and possibly a bearing in there too.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 idle surging