Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hummer H2 HID Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 04:04 PM

Nice and awesome beam cutoff line just like a proper HID setup would also have. One of the best updates you will do on your H2 is to change out the horrible stock headlights... Just have to either go with a true and well made HID setup or a good quality LED setup like that.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:07 PM

Do these have high low beams? With a solenoid like hids have?

Old 05-27-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by fastNYsix
Do these have high low beams? With a solenoid like hids have?
Yes. They have solenoid actuated shutters. They're just like HID projectors, just LEDs.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by WhDaFk
Yes. They have solenoid actuated shutters. They're just like HID projectors, just LEDs.
man I’m glad to see someone did these!!! I’ve been contemplating them and now I think I’ll follow suit

Old 05-31-2020, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by MunneY
man I’m glad to see someone did these!!! I’ve been contemplating them and now I think I’ll follow suit
You won't be disappointed.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by WhDaFk
You won't be disappointed.
would you mind taking some pics of the back of the housings if you get a chance. Want to see if I how much you had to cut off

Old 05-31-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by MunneY
would you mind taking some pics of the back of the housings if you get a chance. Want to see if I how much you had to cut off
PIC of back side. I probably cut back 1.5 inches around. The original will go right back in if I wanted too.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:07 PM

Could I avoid cutting the headlight pockets if I moved the headlights outward slightly? Or would I have to go a few inches to make any difference? I’m planning on buying these shortly. Did you have to drill new mounting holes?

Old 07-09-2020, 09:29 AM

I have not seen much of any aftermarket HID or LED 7" lights that will fit without cutting the pocket. Definitely not any HID ones as the projector assembly is just too big. I think there are a few LED ones that are fairly shallow though which probably could be installed without cutting the bucket but they probably are not all that great as far as their beam. It really is easy to cut though and the stock halogen style lights can still be re-installed later without any problem at all. A photo of mine (arrow pointing to the black plastic bucket that needs to be cut) - you do not have to cut the fiberglass hood pocket itself, the black plastic circle around the headlight is what has to be cut and is a separate part from the hood. The plastic is fairly thin and easy to make the hole larger. If done cleanly someone would be hard pressed to even be able to tell that the pocket rear opening was enlarged.... I did LED on mine and since I did not feel like waiting on adapter plugs - I had an old junk set of headlight bulbs - I cut the bulbs off the connectors and crimped butt connectors onto the metal pins from the bulb to make the connector adapters...

Last edited by MixManSC; 07-09-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:41 PM

Ok thanks, I thought I had to cut hood. Perfect I have an old set of headlights I can cut up.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 HID Headlights