Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

How to recalibrate a bose amplifier Tech2 Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:39 PM
Default How to recalibrate a bose amplifier Tech2 Instructions

Took the time to put together this video and wanted to shared here hope it may help someone in the future.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:22 AM

Hats off to you well done - that's a great video!

Old 06-20-2020, 08:23 AM

One of your best videos.

Old 06-21-2020, 03:41 AM

Thanks for watching guys. Honestly after I installed my radio (nav radio)And rewire the amp harness a while ago i was going crazy from not being able to fix the no sound issue . Thats what got me to finaly buy the tech2 .

Old 06-21-2020, 01:30 PM

have you tried activating the XM module with the tech 2?

Old 06-21-2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
have you tried activating the XM module with the tech 2?
you mean the aftermarket one in this video ? You know what no not really. Im using the harness that came with it and when I turned on all i see is the 2 Xm channel but the xm info is grayed out xm1 only shows channel 0 but don’t display the radio id and xm2 shows channel 184 but nothing comes up on that channel and for this unit channel 184 is the preview channel. Since my h2 did not have xm should active anything with the tech 2 ???. I know if you look on this video the part where the tech2 trys to look for the digital radio receiver does not see anything. Let me know what you know.

Last edited by hmer; 06-21-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:36 PM

what it looked like to me in the video was the radio was off when you accessed the amp. if the radio is off the tech 2 will state it has no communication with the radio like in your video.
you can read the install procedure here http://www.siriusretail.com/pdf/manu...al05162006.pdf the module might still have the previous vehicles vin number encoded

Old 06-22-2020, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
what it looked like to me in the video was the radio was off when you accessed the amp. if the radio is off the tech 2 will state it has no communication with the radio like in your video.
you can read the install procedure here http://www.siriusretail.com/pdf/manu...al05162006.pdf the module might still have the previous vehicles vin number encoded
thanks for letting me know ill let you know how it went .

Old 06-22-2020, 03:27 PM

after one more try and reading the installation manual i had no luck at all . for some reason i think maybe the harness has the class 2 data cable in the wrong place ? acording to everything i had read about XM wiring on the H2 the OEM receiver has the class 2 data cable going from the receiver itself to splicepack 205 to communicate with the rest of the truck . this harness for the aftermarket module goes from the module to the radio . the tech2 looks like no matter what i do wont see the module at all and acording to what i had read this module does suport class 2 data comm . im about to give up on this .

Old 06-22-2020, 04:00 PM

the one that was in my truck looks like this

the gray/light gray and black/blue plugs where connected to the radio and the radio harness the small white plug with the yellow and black wire where connected black to ground and the yellow to power.

Quick Reply: How to recalibrate a bose amplifier Tech2 Instructions