Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Headliner fabric is falling down at windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
The final picture is the finished product, it turned out decent, nobody really sees the very front that much anyway, it just looked really bad hanging down. I only needed to do the very end near the windshield
I think you did a good job, and I agree, it's not easy. It's a messy/awkward ordeal, but if you have just in the front there as you did, it's probably worth the quick fix until the rest of it falls and the whole thing needs to be replaced.

My only recommendation is that you do not scrape the old foam off. The 3M 38808 headliner adhesive is designed with an assumption that the foam is disintegrating. It penetrates and forms a bond solidifying that old foam and will give you the same longevity without the ridge of missing foam. I did mine a year ago and still is holding up great.

Old 01-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Default headliners in any car

Hey guys, I own my own headliner replacement service since 1995. The cause of a headliner falling is the foam backing or glue deteriorating. NO quick fixes as it like cancer and will spread like so. Due to a factory default the headliner material is cut to the edges so in the front windshield and/or rear windshield or even where there is no trim to cover, the edges of the material(ie foam) is exposed to the elements. Thus the deterioration. Yes some glue works, some dont, Some leave a terrible mess. To have it done right and not have the issue to continute, it's best to replace. I myself, and any one who knows what it truely happening, know you WRAP the raw edges so the deterioration is slower. All headliners are going to fall as they are biodegradable and are coded as such. Eventually most vehicles will have this issue. Some(very few as I have done them all) have better products than other and don't fall as quick. We have done Lambargini, Masarratis, Bentley, Jag, Porche(do alot of) and so on. I have done those that have been garage kept their whole lives witht 5k miles on them. Just did a corvette. It' doesn't matter, biodegradable-its going to happen. Thanks everyone. Just my 20 plus years of experience.

Old 01-06-2022, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hey guys, I own my own headliner replacement service since 1995. The cause of a headliner falling is the foam backing or glue deteriorating. NO quick fixes as it like cancer and will spread like so. Due to a factory default the headliner material is cut to the edges so in the front windshield and/or rear windshield or even where there is no trim to cover, the edges of the material(ie foam) is exposed to the elements. Thus the deterioration. Yes some glue works, some dont, Some leave a terrible mess. To have it done right and not have the issue to continute, it's best to replace. I myself, and any one who knows what it truely happening, know you WRAP the raw edges so the deterioration is slower. All headliners are going to fall as they are biodegradable and are coded as such. Eventually most vehicles will have this issue. Some(very few as I have done them all) have better products than other and don't fall as quick. We have done Lambargini, Masarratis, Bentley, Jag, Porche(do alot of) and so on. I have done those that have been garage kept their whole lives witht 5k miles on them. Just did a corvette. It' doesn't matter, biodegradable-its going to happen. Thanks everyone. Just my 20 plus years of experience.
How much would you charge for a totally new headliner for a 2005 H2??