Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Key fob options

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
I guess i liked the fact that you could monitor the status of the car from afar as well as check the TPMS readings. I am not sure if my h2 came with TPMS, and have never known how to check etc...
Now that you mention it, I'm unsure if my H2 came with TPMS either..
I know my F150 did as the dash screen would alert me if my tire pressure was low but I do not think I've seen this particular alert on my Hummer.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
I guess i liked the fact that you could monitor the status of the car from afar as well as check the TPMS readings. I am not sure if my h2 came with TPMS, and have never known how to check etc...
You have an 09, right?
To the right of the steering wheel, there's 4 buttons arranged vertically. The top button cycles through odometer, trip, transmission temp, etc. The second button cycles through things like what zone you're in for GPS, and the TPMS. It shows the front tires & pressures, then the rear tires & pressures.

Originally Posted by therealdougkelly
Now that you mention it, I'm unsure if my H2 came with TPMS either..
I know my F150 did as the dash screen would alert me if my tire pressure was low but I do not think I've seen this particular alert on my Hummer.
I don't recall my 2003 having a TPMS option in the menu. I'm unsure if the 2007 and previous models had it, at least where it measures the pressure. I believe that it will show a low tire pressure warning, but I could be wrong.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:16 AM

Thanks mate, will check when i get back. I didnt think i had GPS either, so will need to see what it does.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:53 AM

All of the 2009 models for the US should have the TPMS - I know its a law on most US vehicles but maybe the H2's were exempt from the TPMS laws due to their weight just like they are exempt from listing fuel economy ratings due to their weight. Export models might not, I'm really not sure on the export models though. Or for that matter the ones built in Russia at Avtotor.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
All of the 2009 models for the US should have the TPMS - I know its a law on most US vehicles but maybe the H2's were exempt from the TPMS laws due to their weight just like they are exempt from listing fuel economy ratings due to their weight. Export models might not, I'm really not sure on the export models though. Or for that matter the ones built in Russia at Avtotor.
I checked this evening. No TPMS that i can see at all
Wonder whether the sensors are out of battery or i need to enable something ?!?

Old 08-01-2020, 02:02 PM

I have the same flip key as pictured above from ebay that IggieX mentioned, and for the life of me cannot figure out how to access the battery. Mine just died after 2 years.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:02 PM
Question

Originally Posted by Dave in Maine
I have the same flip key as pictured above from ebay that IggieX mentioned, and for the life of me cannot figure out how to access the battery. Mine just died after 2 years.
what year is your hummer?

Old 08-03-2020, 03:06 PM

2003, but it's an aftermarket China flip key... none of the H2's came with a flip key. After contacting the seller from several years ago, I couldn't believe he actually got back to me and showed me a video of how it's done. Leaving the link here for anyone that needs the solution. I never would have figured it out. It says it's for a VW key in the video, but it's the same H2 aftermarket flip key they sell that is shown in the pic that iggieX mentioned. Here's the video:

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 08-03-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by Dave in Maine
2003, but it's an aftermarket china flip key... none of the H2's came with a flip key. After contacting the seller from several years ago, I couldn't believe he got back to me and showed me a video of how it's done. Leaving the link here for anyone that needs the solution. I never would have figured it out. It says it's for a VW key, but it's the same on the H2 aftermarket flip keys that are shown in the pic that iggieX mentioned. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/ZoAYPXueswk
awesome! I have a 08 With remote start, I don't see the remote start button and haven't been able to find one with it on fleabay.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by julijulez24
awesome! I have a 08 With remote start, I don't see the remote start button and haven't been able to find one with it on fleabay.
I couldn't either. No remote start button on this flip key, just lock, unlock, and panic. Always wondered if there was a way to get the panic button to learn the remote start signal instead. I was going to install a remote starter on my 2003, but hate carrying extra bulk on my keychain, and really like my flip key/remote combo. If you find an all-in-one unit with a remote start button that's compatible with the H2, please let me know. Been keeping my eyes peeled for years.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 08-03-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quick Reply: H2 Key fob options