PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which fuse to disable air ride compressor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
Unfortunately the bolts that holds the rod on the height adjusters are rusted on tight. I didn't want to break them off so I left them attached for now.

I couldn't get the rubber grommet off either so I'm Sol there too. What I may end up doing- cut the rods and either put the arms full up or full down. I'm not sure which way they really need to go when they are fully filled. Looks like all the way down would be best to put them but I'm not sure where the "proper" height should be. Obviously it isn't correct now.

My light just keeps flashing, sooner or later it will quit again but I'm not sure when.

Any suggestions on maybe just cutting the rods and putting the arms somewhere?

Steve
Steve,

I dont feel qualified to answer that question as I dont have the air bag system on my 07 H2. (I wouldn t want to steer you the wrong direction). I would ask some of the other members here that do have the air bags and see what they can do for you.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by AZ_Overdrive
fyr145,
I followed that post you quoted when I first removed the air bags. I did my homework on searches before posting That description is a little inaccurate IMHO. I did perform the dead head connection on the air lines to the bags. I got a little 1/4" air hose connection fitting and rerouted the original air lines from the top of the bags and tucked them under the rear bumper then connected them together with the fitting. So I didn't cut anything.... However the description in that post says that "fools" the computer into thinking the bags are always full/at full height is not correct. The height sensors still move and report a "need air" signal to the compressor/computer.

Same issue as posted by several folks where any weight or randomly driving the compressor would come on even after shutdown. But thank you for doing research as well. you have been a great help.

My warning message only happens once at startup and if I clear it does not return until the next startup with the chassis relay removed as we have been discussing. Just got done with some yard work so going to go back out to the shop and try first clearing all memory with disconnecting both battery cables then shorting them together (DISCONNECTED FROM BATTERY). When I pulled the relay initially I only disconnected the negative cable but I believe not everything in temp memory cleared because all my personal settings were still there in the DIC and I think radio still held my station presents. 2nd run will be to remove the fuse from the under hood block as you described and try that.

I was also contemplating going the redneck route on those height sensors and disconnect them from the upper rear control arms and just zip tying them in the suspension is full setting but that sure seems like a cheezy way to do it but hey if it works right!

One final thought on this post is modifying the chassis relay itself... I am a Jeep guy(and now also a Hummer Dude), own a 13 Rubicon Unlimited and an 04 TJ before that... One mod lots of Jeep guys did on their TJs to keep the fog lights on when high beams were selected was to do the same kind of jumper for the H2 driving light mod, I did that already by the way, was to cut off the blade on the relay to prevent the factory signal turning on the lights. Was thinking if there is a specific blade on the relay that turns on the compressor for height adjustment but not if you select the air hose "on" from the rear compartment that might work. So the comp may think it is commanding the compressor to air up but its not... May be crazy in my thought process but I will try the first two options and see what happens.
I'm wondering what happens when a member changes out from the compressor system to the springs.......what electronic changes are made to prevent the pesky DIC warnings when they change out systems?????

Old 04-29-2015, 08:57 PM

I've been down the fuse road before, tried taking all of them out in different series to get it to stay off and still work but no luck.

About the only thing that may work, that I hadn't really thought of, is messing with the actual levers to get them to read the correct height all the time. I had thought about it but dismissed it before as I didn't want to mess with it.

They didn't do anything on my truck to avoid getting a warning on the dash. Just blocked the lines that go to the bags as far as I know.

Steve

Old 04-29-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
I've been down the fuse road before, tried taking all of them out in different series to get it to stay off and still work but no luck.

About the only thing that may work, that I hadn't really thought of, is messing with the actual levers to get them to read the correct height all the time. I had thought about it but dismissed it before as I didn't want to mess with it.

They didn't do anything on my truck to avoid getting a warning on the dash. Just blocked the lines that go to the bags as far as I know.

Steve
It gets so complicated. I wish there was an easy work around to this.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 PM

Ive heard everything from a custom tune being the way to disable the air ride to just pulling fuses. I've had my h2 since '12 and haven't had much luck. I just hit the arrow to dismiss the message and try not to get too worked up about it.

Steve

Old 04-29-2015, 11:40 PM

I wonder if they can re-flash the BCM after the change out to springs from air bags? Of course they wont do that for free. Maybe a friend that has a Tech 2 programmer could do it.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:07 AM
Default Great Info on "after the mod"

honda400ex2003, Thanks for the info. I figured someone had to have gone down the fuse route. I tried the battery disconnect yesterday and nothing same warning message so I will stop for now.

The key thing I wanted to do was stop the compressor randomly coming on even when the vehicle was shut off and I accomplished that.

I have to get ready for my cross country trip so I need to move on to other things on the H2 for now. If I get some time this weekend I may do the zip tie of the height sensors and see how that goes. Otherwise I am going to mess with disabling the DRLs and wire a custom switch for my LED replacements.

Maybe we will figure this out someday. Thanks for all the help.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:47 PM

Fyr145,
Missed your question about the valley. I recently moved from Gilbert to outside of St. Louis Missouri for work (May of last year). The cross country trip in May is to drive the H2 back to AZ to pickup a small travel trailer I left there and also attend the annual Flagstaff Overland Expo and do some camping on the Rim. Relatives are still in AZ and I have property up by Prescott National Forest with hopes of returning to AZ in a few years.

Old 05-17-2019, 12:57 AM
Default worked! heres the rest of the fix

first i know this is old thread but still helped me immensly. THANK YOU!!

1) Pull the relay like you said
2) Install override module to turn off warnings

Get Module from Arnott Industries. Part of kit #C-2987
https://www.arnottindustries.com/c-2...-left-or-right

Originally Posted by AZ_Overdrive
ok figured out how to make an album so here is a pic of the harness with the relay removed. Steering column is on the left master cylinder is just out of view upper right.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:39 AM

Unplug the AS Unit completely (Connector C451 see attached PDF) and then disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes, the warning message should now dissapear (it does on a 2005)

With the AS unit connected there is still comms to the BCU hence the message, pulling-out the fuse only disconnects power from the compressor.

Fixing Ride-Height Sensors arms may work, but they need setting to their original positions, or the AS system recalibrated at their new positions (needs a Tech2) The sensor voltages normally sit somewhere around 2.65V so you could start there (the range is 0-5V nominally)

The AS Controller is complex and monitors many functions, it needs to be connected for the tyre inflator switch to work.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2003 AS Components.pdf (246.7 KB, 239 views)