PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to bypass air suspension compressor

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:03 PM
Default how to bypass air suspension compressor

My H2 has had a spring and strut conversion done. However the PO didn't do anything with the compressor in terms of bypassing it's operation. I would like to still like to have the option to fill tires etc. Everytime I start the car, I can hear the compressor run for awhile ( no warning lights tho...)

Old 02-19-2015, 06:56 AM

So what's the problem? You have a spring conversion and working compressor

Old 02-19-2015, 10:51 AM

The compressor runs like it wants to fill the suspension periodically. There is something you can do to bypass that function.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by H2008
The compressor runs like it wants to fill the suspension periodically. There is something you can do to bypass that function.
Have you tried pulling the fuse?

Old 02-19-2015, 06:23 PM

Pulling the fuse will keep it from working completely. I an looking to retain the composer function for filling tires or other things if needed.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:34 PM

Try hooking it to a tank. The sensor might get a pressure reading during checks and that way and you'd have a small supply of air.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:44 PM

What If I just cap off the air outputs? I just don't want to do anything to trigger a dash light. I can do without the option of having air on demand. If I unplug the harness to the compressor will that give me a warning light?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:32 AM

heres a quote from another site.............................................. ....................Update time guys! Here's the deal.....

First, found out that one of my rear bags was about to fail (looked like it was sitting crooked under the truck), so I replaced them with coils.

Second, we left ALL of the electronics for the air ride suspension due to me wanting to still be able to use the rear cabin hook-up for tire inflation, etc.

Third, to avoid warning lights we unhooked nothing electrical. All my mechanic/buddy did was "dead head" the compressor.....in otherwords he cut the airline from the driver's side that was headed to the airbag and plugged it into the passenger's side compressor fitting.

Forth, the compressor (and all electronics therewith) are fooled into thinking the truck's rear ride height is always perfect. This also allows the rear cabin connection to still be used.

Fifth, only negative of this is that I loose the functionality of the rear "ride height" adjustment feature......very minor trade off (in my opinion) compared with the functionality of the coils vs. the bags.

Lastly, I have NO WARNING LIGHTS for the last 3 days and my compressor in the rear works perfectly and my coils are now bulletproof.

I highly recommend this to everyone. Let me know if any questions exist.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:03 AM

That's what I was looking for. Thank you!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:42 AM

My air hose/line and fittings are gone. Does anyone know where I can get a piece of hose and fittings to connect both outputs together on the compressor?

Quick Reply: how to bypass air suspension compressor