Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Fuel Leak - How to make sure it's the fuel pump ring?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 10:50 AM
mcu
Default Fuel Leak - How to make sure it's the fuel pump ring?

Hi guys,

So I just picked up a 07 H2 last week with 99k miles. When I saw the truck i could smell gas and the sellers mechanic told him it was the gas vent. After driving it on the 2nd day, i noticed a few drops of fuel on the driveway. Looking through the small crack of the rear wheel well, I could see the top of the tank wet with fuel. I am thinking it is the lock washer of the fuel pump many have said in the forums rots out. Any suggestions on how i can make sure this is really the issue and now a bas hose or vent before dropping the tank? It seems to only leak when pressurized, mind you i did have 3/4 of a tank when I saw it leak on driveway. Since then no real leaks on floor.

I had a error code P0446 which refers to EVAP. I cleared that a week ago and about 100 miles later still no Check engine light.

How should i proceed and would you guys replace the fuel pump also since i am there or only the lock washer and gasket?

Old 07-22-2020, 11:06 AM

In the same situation myself, just have the smell of fuel around the back LHS. Also get either "Tighten Fuel Cap" or engine warning large evap leak.

My intention is to order a new fuel pump (ACD), ring and gasket. I tried 3 times to order from RA Jan this year, each time the pump arrived broke, pain when your in the UK.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
In the same situation myself, just have the smell of fuel around the back LHS. Also get either "Tighten Fuel Cap" or engine warning large evap leak.

My intention is to order a new fuel pump (ACD), ring and gasket. I tried 3 times to order from RA Jan this year, each time the pump arrived broke, pain when your in the UK.
You still haven't change the fpm? What are you waiting for? The sock to get clogged with rust(no start), injectors to get clogged with rust(misfire), or worse, fuel to start spewing everywhere while running. You're still at early corrosion stage, top of the module is rotted, (rust falling into the tank), yet when the fuel lines on the top of the module gets rotted, fuel goes everywhere. Dive in asap, and make sure to thoroughly clean the tank before you install the new fpm. GL

Old 07-22-2020, 12:45 PM
mcu

Any suggestions for me Hummerz?

Old 07-22-2020, 12:53 PM
Old 07-22-2020, 01:19 PM
Old 07-22-2020, 01:28 PM

Lots of mitigating circumstances, plus it's been been nowhere. Just need someone other than RA to ship me a pump, well packed so it won't get broken.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:37 PM

original_auto_parts_xpress

Contact seller to make sure securely packaged! You need new pump now.. lol

Actually I could be wrong, these could be English speaking sellers????

Original Auto Parts Xpress has access to over 100,000 quality auto parts to service domestic and foreign vehicles. What makes us unique is that we typically ship the same-day if we receive the order by 3:30pm PST. We have built our reputation on outstanding customer satisfaction. All shipments are double-checked so you get the part you ordered the first time. We understand the frustration of opening the package and not getting what you ordered. We sell to customers in the continental United States and regret that we cannot ship to customers in Alaska or Hawaii. Our business hours are 7:00am to 5:30pm Monday - Friday PST. Orders received after 3:30pm PST Friday will be shipped the following Monday. We strive to ensure that the product arrives to you in an acceptable condition every time.

Last edited by hummerz; 07-22-2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:37 PM
mcu

HUmmerz, I have not attempted to remove my pump yet. That was another user who posted in my thread about having similar issue,

So I removed my wheel well and this is what i found. Looks like the vent pipe has rotted out and broken in the actual fitting. Anyway to repair or need a new FPM? How do I get the broken pipe out of the fitting? I dont have any extra to grab to pull out.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Lots of mitigating circumstances, plus it's been been nowhere. Just need someone other than RA to ship me a pump, well packed so it won't get broken.
Btw, did you ever contact Jim or Tom? RockAuto, LLC
Jim Taylor's Company

Quick Reply: Fuel Leak - How to make sure it's the fuel pump ring?