PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

durmax conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Default durmax conversion

I'm looking for info on doing the conversion myself i have a 08 h2 sut and i found a wreacked 08 silverado 2500 hd so i will have all the parts i am curious about the wiring any help would be appreciated

Old 11-21-2013, 05:49 PM

Its much more than just wiring. The shops that do the conversions can charge anywhere from $25-40,000. Predator sells a DIY kit but not something I would take on. You'd have to do a ridiculous amount of research if you were planning on doing it yourself and have the drivetrain available.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:56 PM

I hate to be a party pooper but I'd have to agree........not recommended.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 AM

I called Predator the other day and the conversion costs $32K an d takes 30-45 days to complete. The soonest they could get you in would be March unless you opt of the express package for an additional $5K. They only work on your vehicle until it is completed and you get to be there during the major conversion milestones. The contract calls for 10% down to schedule a slot, 40% once started and 50% upon completion. I am getting the 450HP/900Torque package next year...

Old 11-24-2013, 01:07 AM

Pardon my ignorance but could someone told me why would you spend $32k in a truck that worth 30K , beside the dieselis more expensive and do not offera good ride as gas .
I know you would get 450hp and huge amount of torque but in my opinion the H2 works just fine as is ...is it 32K worth it or Im I missing something

BTW Im not trying to break a plan . Just curious

Old 11-24-2013, 02:20 AM

Hmm. I have a Hummer in Sweden that is perhaps worth 50,000 usd. Should I put a Duramax in the car, I get 100.000 usd for the car here in Sweden ... It increases quite a lot of value .. Why do you think people restored car ?? they increases in value ..

Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Pardon my ignorance but could someone told me why would you spend $32k in a truck that worth 30K , beside the dieselis more expensive and do not offera good ride as gas .
I know you would get 450hp and huge amount of torque but in my opinion the H2 works just fine as is ...is it 32K worth it or Im I missing something

BTW Im not trying to break a plan . Just curious
H2Miami, I am with you on this one. I paid $17,500 for my 04 with 90K miles. 32K for a motor conversion? Sh*t, I could go buy two more hummers and beat the hell out of them and still come out ahead. 32K is a gripload of money! A guy could put under $10K in to rebuilding the current motor to be a beast and probably be damn satisfied and $22k in their pocket.

But that is just me, I realize sometimes "it" is not about the money...it is about wanting something so bad, it does not matter how much it costs! I guess if there is a waiting list...people with a hell of alot more money than me are doing the conversion! Cool? hell ya, but not 32K cool to me.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:19 AM

I bought my 2008 h2 le ultramarine package already converted and I love it! It is an amazing vehicle with the duramax in it. Mashmotors did the conversion on mine and Mike has been very helpful to me as the second owner. Mashmotors puts out an amazing product.
The original owner of mine bough the h2 new. The Sticker price $69,000... Then he dropped another $40 grand in it putting the duramax in it with some power mods, upgrading the front suspension, and putting new rubber on it.
I lucked out and got it with less than 10,000 miles on the new driveline. Mashmotors workmanship is top notch, I highly recommend using them if anyone is looking to convert there h2.

Last edited by H2duramax; 03-10-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:28 PM

I think the majority of us would LOVE the sound of a diesel and turbo in the thing being as its such a big vehicle. However the majority of us agree that spending that amount of money is just plain ridiculous. I'd rather drop $30k and have an LS7 dropped in my Saturn Sky Redline with twin turbos lol.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:06 PM

I think the wiring would be the biggest challenge. The best part is that you have everything you need. You'll have to cross reference electrical schematics for both vehicles and examine what is different. It would just take some thinking. I can be done. The argument about how ridiculous a project like this is just.....ridiculous. Ridiculous is a relative term. The amount of money you will have in this will probably be less than $12,000 assuming that you got the donor truck for around $7-8,000. How much would anyone have in a typical hot rod that they build themselves. That would put all these small town race car enthusiasts in the same ridiculous category. A lot of guys don't understand the added pride of building something yourself and couldn't call you out if you told them your master cylinder wasn't firing 6 degrees off TDC. Ridiculous is having vehicles that get 10MPG or less as daily drivers. I have 2 because I want to. So let me know how it goes because I plan on doing some ridiculous conversion to mine too.

Quick Reply: durmax conversion