Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Don't Spank Me..!! Did A Search And Couldn't Find The Answer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 06:29 PM
Talking Don't Spank Me..!! Did A Search And Couldn't Find The Answer

2009 HUMMER H2 SUV LUX.
My NAV/Radio has been blacking out on and off. I posted about this before here. The radio stays on and the screen goes blank. Then it will come back on when it feels like it for a month or two or even a day and then go out. Not asking about this. I plan on pulling the Climate Control Module Out to Replace the front plate switches and while I'm at it I was going to pull the NAV/Radio and check connections.

Any way the Question Is, I ran across a deal on a change out NAV/Radio on a 2009 HUMMER H2 that was removed at the time of sale as the new owner wanted and upgrade Different Model NAV/Radio. So this one is for sale. I bought it at a very good price. Nothing like having a spare. Anyway...not sure if they have the old VIN # from the original HUMMER H2 which from what I understand is needed to reprogram the Radio into my H2.

I have heard that their are some companies that can defeat or help you to reprogram to work in your rig.

Any ideas along these thoughts..or other suggestions? I tried searching but got nothing. Thanks In Advance.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:37 PM

My wife's '20 GMC Infotainment System blacks out, intermittently & only in a cold ambient temp startup.
Blackout only lasts for a couple minutes, then it's back on and working. Less time than it takes to get to the GMC dealer for warranty repair. I observed and it's definitely the head unit. Now, soon due for a free oil change, tire rotation, and car wash,+
(video below on YT, although I have no idea what he is looking for?)

Old 04-10-2022, 07:55 PM

Thanks HUMMERZ,

Pretty much the same deal... It's been on now 2 days... Sometimes I'll stop and when I get back in ..Na-Da? Then a day or so or more it'll com back on. But on his unit the radio was dead. On Mine ..it works with a Black screen. Well as soon as it gets warmer I'll be out there an see what's What. I'm still going with a intermittent some thing causing the screen to drop out.

Been on you tube the last hour...I'm burnt... Nothing on a Blank screen with radio still working. Thanks for finding the above Youtube video.

Any other ideas...?? This is what I think is going on... A lose ribbon on the screen connection to the main board..I posted this before. Watch when he gets to the screen disconnect from the motherboard.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:19 PM

I've removed many ribbon cables and never seen 1 fall out like that?

Old 04-10-2022, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
I've removed many ribbon cables and never seen 1 fall out like that?
What do you mean .."Fall Out Like That"? You mean the Touch screen separating from the Bezel?
Power to light the screen and Touch elements I would think goes thru those ribbon cables...No/ Yes?

Old 04-10-2022, 09:54 PM

Yes, 1:20-1:23

Old 04-11-2022, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Yes, 1:20-1:23
Yep handled Many Ribbon cables and connector releases on Pro Audio Live Sound Gear.... Sometimes ....most times ..they don't fall out like that. They are pinched down by the slide lock and have a tendency to require some gentle manipulating to pull lose.

Old 04-11-2022, 03:35 PM

At 1:22 you can see him flip the lock lever for the ribbon cable up. Looks perfectly normal to me.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
At 1:22 you can see him flip the lock lever for the ribbon cable up. Looks perfectly normal to me.
Yep...most will release with a slight pull. I work on Large Format Audio Consoles used at large live sound events. These consoles are loaded with ribbon cables. I have a special teeny tiny flat tip I use to release the snap locks. After that I use Pressurized Canned Air that I blast into the Ribbon contact area on the underside. That usually pops them lose.

Some of these ribbon cables are 50 Contact layered. Most are about 24 count. Break one and your F.