Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Digital Display For H2

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Default Digital Display For H2

Hello,

I just purchased a 2003 Hummer H2. I'm starting to upgrade my interior to give it a modern look. Besides changing out seats, carpet/headliner, I've decided to tackle the instrument cluster. Nothing wrong with having analog gauges I just prefer the digital look I've been accustomed to over the years. Spent sometime searching online and see no one has a plug and play solution to fill the current instrument cluster spot. I've decided to develop my own and would like feedback from the community with my current UI iteration. Let me know what you would add or take away?

I've added all the current gauges from the stock instrument cluster. I'm looking to add a gyroscope to get pitch/row when off roading. Have to tap into the TCM to get trans temperature info and add a rear view camera into it. I look forward to the feedback from the community.

See image of cluster design below:

Old 09-12-2022, 02:30 AM

That would be sweet looking. Any guesstimate on unit cost?

Tranny temp would be a must for me.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by waltham41
That would be sweet looking. Any guesstimate on unit cost?

Tranny temp would be a must for me.
I can't give a price at the moment until I get this reading all the data properly. Seems the odometer information is saved in 2 locations and I need to make sure the information gets updated on the display and saved as well. I will keep you and anyone else interested posted as I complete this project for myself

Old 09-13-2022, 06:40 AM

count me in. That is so cool. Maybe you will need some test vehicles- I will volunteer.

Originally Posted by Rotech
I can't give a price at the moment until I get this reading all the data properly. Seems the odometer information is saved in 2 locations and I need to make sure the information gets updated on the display and saved as well. I will keep you and anyone else interested posted as I complete this project for myself

Old 09-13-2022, 11:01 AM

Update: Spoke with Paul from Predator Inc. Seems the odometer reading is the issue on the H2's. They have to send out the clusters to get reprogrammed. Still reaching out to other companies for more info. Looks like I need to address this issue or maybe thats why other companies have given up cause they couldn't. Either way I'll have a solution just might need to be manually input and saved by the end user into the new Digital cluster.