Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Check engine light from Air to spring conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 10:00 AM

H2monsta
Do you live in Europe?

Old 11-29-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
H2monsta
Do you live in Europe?
No, I was just a euro technician for about a decade. I mainly worked on BMW's and Mercedes. I grew up in a hot rod shop. I have some engineering background as well. I'm in Indy now and in sales; but, I really miss the diagnostic puzzles!

Old 11-29-2021, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by H2monsta
No, I was just a euro technician for about a decade. I mainly worked on BMW's and Mercedes. I grew up in a hot rod shop. I have some engineering background as well. I'm in Indy now and in sales; but, I really miss the diagnostic puzzles!
For puzzles you've come to the right place 😂

This is a great forum and with members like yourself most puzzles get solved.

BTW I'm in the UK, there are approx. 55 H2's over here, scattered far and wide, a few weeks agaoI passed one on the motorway for the very 1st time !

Stretched H2's I see occasionally around town, but normal H2's never, though there's a H3 a couple of miles away.

Seen plenty over in the States, but the way the world is I doubt I'll ever be going back 😔

Old 11-29-2021, 10:39 AM

Thank you very much. Turned out to be a totally unrelated code which I reset and in a half an hour's driving didn't come back.
Once upon a time I built and raced vintage broncos. One of my trucks was a candidate for the cover of super winches catalog, and another one was featured in a commercial for Abercrombie & Fitch back in the dawn of time.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:38 AM

Are you going to leave us "up in the air"

Old 11-29-2021, 11:46 AM
Default Lol

It turned out that the EGR sensor had thrown a code a gazillion years ago apparently, and I cleared it and drove it for a few minutes and it didn't come back.
I may fiddle further with the air compressor at some point to see if I can convert it to onboard air use.

Old 12-09-2021, 04:34 AM
Default i had to switch to coil springs

Originally Posted by H2monsta
I will look at a schematic and confirm, but every air ride system I know of, and have ever worked on, operates off of ride height sensors. When the sensor levels, it turns the light switch off. The pressure is not always indicative of height and the strategy involved in managing by pressure would be pretty complicated. None- the-less I will verify.
i had to make the switch to coil springs bc my air pressure sensor was telling the ecu it had too much air, so it was constantly dumping air and never pumping up. i went to purchase a new air ride air pressure sensor sensor and they dont exist anywhere. if anyone has one, I'll gladly take it off your hands. i actually need the whole solenoid. I'll send pic soon as i can to specify

Old 12-09-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by yellabummer
i had to make the switch to coil springs bc my air pressure sensor was telling the ecu it had too much air, so it was constantly dumping air and never pumping up. i went to purchase a new air ride air pressure sensor sensor and they dont exist anywhere. if anyone has one, I'll gladly take it off your hands. i actually need the whole solenoid. I'll send pic soon as i can to specify
Pressure sensors/transducers are like unicorns.
The transducer is a solid state so usually very reliable, it could either the sensor, ECU or a bad connection/connector.

We've discussed it before on this forum here