Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Brake Line Spares

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Default Brake Line Spares

After a recent catastrophic brake line failure (broken pipe from ABS unit to front driver's wheel) I live on top of a steep hill but fortunately the H2 was on my driveway when it failed otherwise it could have been deadly.

So it looks like a good time to replace all the brake lines and attend to the system carefully.

In the UK brake lines and fittings are metric but I see I can easily buy complete sets of brake lines or even kits on ebay. I'm also looking for "Brake Bleeders" or "Calliper Bleed Screws" if I have the terminology right, over here we'd call them "bleed nipples"

Plain steel does not seem to be a good option, however I see Stainless Steel kits available. Again in the UK we'd most likely fit copper lines which are easy to bend, don't rust and comes on a roll.

So before I go out and buy stuff does anyone have any reccomendations, suppliers etc. Cheers!

Old 07-27-2018, 02:06 PM

I replaced all of mine after one began to leak w/ NiCopp lines that I bent and flared myself. If I had it all to do over again I would buy the pre-bent stainless lines and install those. I also replaced the rubber hoses with braided stainless ones. I did a ton of research through the forums and I saved a note of what sizes and fittings if you choose to go the NiCopp route.

Good luck!

Old 07-28-2018, 07:32 AM

Even though the brake lines are probably 3/16 th. I believe the fittings are metric. The factory plain steel is known to rust, I would opt for the stainless steel kit or the NiCopp that you can fabricate yourself.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll post my results in a few weeks!