Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Anyone got a pic of the rain drain exits on a H2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:55 AM
Default Anyone got a pic of the rain drain exits on a H2 ?

As above , does anyone know if the H2 has the crosspiece in the sunroof rain drain exits like the H3 ? if so i would like to drill them out before it rains but i can't open the sunroof which was sealed with silicone when i bought the truck . Now unsealed i don't want to find out it leaks when the rain comes .

I can't find the exit .

Old 09-17-2014, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Shayne100
As above , does anyone know if the H2 has the crosspiece in the sunroof rain drain exits like the H3 ? if so i would like to drill them out before it rains but i can't open the sunroof which was sealed with silicone when i bought the truck . Now unsealed i don't want to find out it leaks when the rain comes .

I can't find the exit .
the drain holes are on the front corners of the sunroof track . I will try to get a pic when get back home

Old 09-17-2014, 10:39 AM

Cheers H2Miami but i know where the drain begins , i can't get to it because i can't open the sunroof so my only hope is to push a wire from the bottom up to make sure the drain is clear , or else i will have reseal the sunroof using silicone in case it rains before i have time to drop the whole headliner to find out whats stopping the roof opening .

Old 09-19-2014, 04:01 PM

Well i didn't find the drain exits and it started raining sometime last night and is set to continue for the next 3 days . I don't have a garage and i can't reseal the sunroof in the rain . One very wet truck is going up for sale .

Old 09-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Default Hummer H2 Sunroof Rain Drains Fix

OK so today i had the chance to investigate properly , my dash is in bits and the scuttle panel in front and outside the windscreen is off . We all know the drains start in each corner of the sunroof under the glass , glass which can be removed entirely by undoing 4 bolts . It then runs down the windscreen column seen here
Name:  RainDrains001_zps8e771321.jpg
Views: 2070
Size:  75.5 KB

And disappears through the bodywork about here
Name:  RainDrains002_zpsca8af387.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  85.8 KB

And the final exit is just under here
Name:  RainDrains003_zps8c46604f.jpg
Views: 1735
Size:  90.5 KB

Mines blocked solid wires won't budge the blockage and unfortunately i don't have my compressor as it was left at work .

Regardless the design is diabolical even when it works the drain is routed in such a way that it is bound to get blocked (it finishes almost in an "S" bend) though at least it doesn't have the crosspiece in the end like the H3 . Because it allows water to run freely down through the bodywork until it finds its own way out , what is that other than a rust magnet !

My intention is to remove the pipe altogether and put a new one in so it runs in a straight line down the windscreen column , behind the the panel next to the park brake and through the floor so water is clear of the truck altogether .

Hope this helps somebody else with the same problems .

Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 AM

Hi I couldn't take the pics cause I was out of the city for a few days .
I see you figured out the hard way .
I tested mine a few weeks ago and both were draining well . I know the water came out next to the fender and the tire but never realized all the way fron the SR .
Great info . Thanks for posting

Old 05-06-2020, 10:46 AM

Were you successful in the reroute to the floor to drain? I am worried about creating a new issue.. Is there a proper place to route this to?
Thanks !