Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Any suggestions on how to improve MPG

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Any suggestions on how to improve MPG

wow one said up to 130 horsepower gain and 205 pound foot torque with simple re programming? try it out let us know how it goes

Old 01-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

2003 H2 over 50K miles and when I traded it in my average was 10.6 mpg. I could hit 15-16 average mpgon the highway driving very carefully. I don't think the H2, at least the early ones, are going to do much better than that. i knew a number of guys that did the exhaust, air filter, pcm mod and didn't get anything but more grins per mile.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:34 PM

I spend over 10grand a month in gas with our limo fleet, most of it coming from the h2 limos. Few things you can do:

reduce weight, every little bit counts, easy stuff is remove the spare tire, if its inside you get more interior room and then you can install a 2-3 person 3rd row seat, if its outside it gives you a cleaner look. This is a big weight savings especially if you have the outside tire with the rack. Remove cross bars up top, saves weight and drag.

We run airaid air filters on all h2s, this should help bump gas a little. Plus they pay for themselves as you dont have to buy new air filters all the time.

Keep tires properly inflated.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 PM

I have a K and N FIPK on mine with a Diablosport tuner and my best is 10.3

Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 PM

to me my H2 is a prius compared to my SRT 10 QC gas hog. glad im not the only one here who traded in there sports car..ughh..truck..ughhhh whatever it was

Old 02-24-2008, 03:26 PM

Ok, So i eneded up getting the SuperChips FlashPac tuner. It improved my shift pattern and shift firmness to my liking. Fuel Mialeage has increased by2 MPG on the first two tanks of fuel! This reads all trouble codes and can clear them as well. Overall performance has increased as well. CAI and exhaust are next to reap the benefits of the tuner.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

So far so good. Sounds like a good mod. What do you have invested in the 2mpg increase?

Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 PM

I have the Magnaflow too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow Exhaust 16623, or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.
________
Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by jerseymike68; 02-24-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:57 PM

you could get a moped but it wouldn't be nearly as cool to drive...

Old 09-19-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by pteam
I spend over 10grand a month in gas with our limo fleet, most of it coming from the h2 limos. Few things you can do:

reduce weight, every little bit counts, easy stuff is remove the spare tire, if its inside you get more interior room and then you can install a 2-3 person 3rd row seat, if its outside it gives you a cleaner look. This is a big weight savings especially if you have the outside tire with the rack. Remove cross bars up top, saves weight and drag.

We run airaid air filters on all h2s, this should help bump gas a little. Plus they pay for themselves as you dont have to buy new air filters all the time.

Keep tires properly inflated.
In addition to all that stuff I said right above in quotes, Mobil 1 now has a fully synthetic oil that improves gas milage, cant go wrong there!

Quick Reply: Any suggestions on how to improve MPG