Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Any suggestions on how to improve MPG

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Default Any suggestions on how to improve MPG

Does anyone have any suggestions (K&N, Cold Air Intake, Chip) on how to get a couple of extra miles out of a gallon of gas....getting about 10.8 now...would like to get a few more if I could.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Default RE: Any suggestions on how to improve MPG

Buy a Prius!!!!Name:  beingsick.gif
Views: 7249
Size:  4.7 KB

Seriously, alot of companies MAKE CLAIMS about improved MPG!!!! Most of them are BUNK!!! 1st off, once your Rig BREAKS IN some more, you should see an increase. I'm getting 11.5 now, should be up to 12.5 in the summer. Winter always bites letting her warm up and all.

I did get the Magnaflow Exhaust and the Volant CAI....mostly for increased RPM's(TOTALLY worth it), but I'm sure if I didn't drive it like I stole it, I'd get better MPG

Old 04-12-2007, 06:01 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Buy a Prius!!!!
OOPS....Sorry Greenblade!!!Name:  wink.gif
Views: 7061
Size:  593 Bytes

Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Like Bob said, get a Prius :-) If gas mileage is a major concern to you, you probably need to consider a different vehicle. The H2 is big and heavy and with the resulting thirsty engine ... As far as CAI's and catback goes .. if nothing else they will lower your gas mileage ... can't make more horses without more O2 and fuel ... and quite frankly ... those two products carry a certain right foot factor as well ... hehehe
In my opinion gas mileage is not really THAT bad considering weight and engine size. My old RAM SRT-10 averaged approx 8-8.5 mpg between city/hway and in comparison my H2 is damn near an economy vehicle squeezing out up to 13 mpg on the freeway ... it is what it is ... not a vehicle for fuel concious people!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Like Bob said, get a Prius :-) If gas mileage is a major concern to you, you probably need to consider a different vehicle. The H2 is big and heavy and with the resulting thirsty engine ... As far as CAI's and catback goes .. if nothing else they will lower your gas mileage ... can't make more horses without more O2 and fuel ... and quite frankly ... those two products carry a certain right foot factor as well ... hehehe
In my opinion gas mileage is not really THAT bad considering weight and engine size. My old RAM SRT-10 averaged approx 8-8.5 mpg between city/hway and in comparison my H2 is damn near an economy vehicle squeezing out up to 13 mpg on the freeway ... it is what it is ... not a vehicle for fuel concious people!
Well said, anybody with a H2, MPG just isnt in the Equation!

Old 04-12-2007, 03:15 PM

I am not too worried about the gas milage...I mean who really needs to eat anyway...Ican spend the extra money on gas. I guess my biggest problem is I still drive it like my 300....0 to 60 as fast as possible...might take awile to get to used to driving a Hummer after all this is my first experience owning an Urban Assault Vehicle.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:36 PM

You can always go with a tune, catback, cold air, headers .. and if you want to get real funky slap a radix/magnacharger on that bad boy .. granted .. your gas mileage will be absolutely atrocious but you'll get your acceleration back :-)

Old 04-13-2007, 12:59 AM

I have a magnuson and my gas mileage went from 12 to around 15 highway at 75 and 12 to 13 city towing a trailer. Alot more fun to drive too.

Tim

Old 04-13-2007, 01:19 AM

My last vehicle was a Ford Excursion V10, with a 6 inch lift and 38" tires. I averaged 7 MPG in the City, 4-5 MPG towing. My H2 feels like a tiny little sports car compared to that.

My H2 has a Magnacharger Supercharger (M90, not Radix), Cat Back Exhaust, and Airaid intake. I get around 11-12 mpg. I don't think there is a better solution, other that driving slower. And face it, that ain't gonna happen.

Has anyone tired removing the front driveshaft? I theoroize that removing it could reduce drag on the drivetrain and raise the MPGs. I think it could raise it up to around 16-17 mpg, but I have not tried it yet. (Nor do I know that it is even possible)

Good Luck

Calgary

Old 04-13-2007, 05:58 PM

My H3 gets great mileage..in fact it costs about $.02 a mile to drive (in 2 wheel drive mode)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2258/6264A6F85BBB4E15AEA3F39800950EE6.jpg[/IMG]

I'm learning...so the picture got posted twice

Quick Reply: Any suggestions on how to improve MPG