PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC fan noise? Squeal when turning left? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Default AC fan noise? Squeal when turning left? HELP!

I bought an '04 H2 2 weeks ago and have a 60 day warranty. I'm hearing some things that have me concerned but the dealer is telling me that they're normal. Looking for advice so I can have things fixed before it runs out! Advice greatly appreciated!

Is the ac supposed to sound like metal rubbing but it doesn't make the sound when I run heat? They're telling me that it's just the fluid levelling out and to always turn the ac off before I shut off the vehicle or I'll eventually end up with a mildew smell from fluid left in the lines.

When I turn left sometimes I get a loud squeal out of the left side, it's not the same as if I crank the wheel too far, and it only happens sometimes when I'm turning left.

The clicking out of the back when I turn the vehicle off, is that the air bags levelling out? Normal?

Passenger side mirror will turn in and not go back out, is there a way to repair it or do I need to spend $700 on a new one? I'd really rather not!

Spare tire, better in the cargo area or is there a way to mount it on the back? Opinions?

Where to find a 3rd row seat?

Headlights-I had Xenon headlights on the Infinit that I traded in and loved them! I live in the desert and night time driving can be difficult here for me, visibility was much better for me with them. Has anyone put them in their H2 and will the bulbs themselves work or do you need a conversion kit?

Parts-Where is the best place to find replacements, door panels, ect? Is there a touch up paint, ect for the trim around the inside door handles? Mine has some spots that it's worn off.

Key for roof racks? Is that a dealer item?

Sorry for so many questions, I like to keep things in working order and being new to Hummers I'm pretty lost!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 AM

The clicking is the air ride.

The mirror depends on the style you have right now if it is plastic with a chromed insert that says H2 then you might be able to find someone to repair it. If it is the flat metal back then it is likely beyond repair and will need to be replaced.

The spare tire carrier is a preference thing. I prefer the rear mount and occasionally you will see them for sale. Be aware the 06 and up have slightly different mounting areas and you will be safe if it supports 03-05 but if it says 06 you will need to research it to make sure it will work OK with your rig.

3rd row seats I see on craigs list occasionally and also via ebay. There are full 3rd row seats you might look at too if you plan on moving the tire outside. They are under 1000 and give you a bit more seating room.

The roof rack keys would have to be ordered. Unless you have plans for it already though you may not need them. The keys are not needed to remove them, just fyi some people don't realize that.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 PM

The noise you hear when turning, may be your hub bearing going bad. I had to replace mine.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 PM

Check your power steering fluid level.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by KTM640Dakar
Check your power steering fluid level.
Good point, but I would say put that front end up in the air. If some component of the steering is worn and taking an excessive amount of force to turn the wheels- it could cause that powersteering noise.