Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2009 H2 Nav Screen Black Out..

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Talking 2009 H2 Nav Screen Black Out..

Went to get breakfast this morning.. 22* out side... Click Click ...dead battery. Hooked my Goolo jumper Battery and cranked Fatboy up and beat feet to Advance Auto Parts... Picked me up an AGM Heavy Duty Die Hard 36 Month Warranty battery. The old Battery was installed 2015. Time for a Change. The sales guy came out and hooked up a Memory saver to the Bat terminals and replaced the old with the new.

I usually keep the NAV screen off unless I want to change XM Sirius channel or NAV somewhere. So on the way home I hit the NAV button...............Crickets..Dead ...! The radio is working find. Get home throw the scanner on the ALDC..No Codes. No Check Engine light.. Check the Radio Fuse and the Power Amp fuse just for S&G. Na/Da...there OK.

Call On Star ..Get transferred 3 times after explaining 3 times the same thing.... F BLANK SCREEN!!!!.. Connected to OnStar in an Overseas Country.. You Guess which one. Can't understand What she is saying.
After I hit 10 on the richter scale...she hangs up on me... this was the 1st round of OnStar calls

Finally I decided to go back to square one..Went and loosened the Battery cable clamps jiggled them back and forth and re torqued them. BAM..!! Display back on. Before this all electrical was fine.
Now I look down at my NAV and it says I'm 2 miles from my house...... but i'm in my driveway but it says I'm at the VFW where I belong as a Vietnam Vet. I was there two weeks ago...????

OnStar Call Number two.... Explain the problem..Transferred again...this time Missy tells me I'm at home at my address which I had already explained. Says hold on...The next OnStar chicky tells me she will check and to hold...(This is 3rd Hold)...I hold...And Hold and Hold ..then I here...." Your OnStar Call Has Ended"

Ok Take a hike... I'll fix it myself ...Went in and told the NAV to go to previous place.... my house. So it took me up the street and the arrow Icon was not moving... them it finally figured out where it was and had me go one mile and do a legal U turn. Then it took me home to the correct address. So Now I hope it all ok. Blew the whole day.

Anyway..moral of the story for a Blank NAV Screen ..The unit must see 100% + and -..12 Volts..somehow their must have been a shortage somewhere that the body computer or the NAV didn't like.

That would have been an expensive item to replace...$1500.00 to $1800.00 !!! And that's just the NAV Radio not counting the labor....You don't think i'm ripping Fatboy apart in 20* weather do you...LMAO

Old 01-11-2022, 03:20 PM

Old 01-11-2022, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
To Keep Loving My Fatboy H2...No matter what he throws at me I will just throw money at the problem It always works.