Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

04 H2 blows hot everywhere all the time

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 07:25 AM

Mike,

Roger that. Thanks again for the expedient response.

ZackMan

Old 10-01-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by mike ridenour
Joel, in our shop, checked it out. vac'd down and only recovered .02 lbs . yes, .02 not .2 that wouldn't have worked either. also noticed it had a high side cap on the low side, and gasket inside cap was deformed, and looked like dye around line where that was (leak) so, he put the correct cap on, changed out a small gm fitting on top that seemed to "spit" every once in a while, charged it with the recommended 1.6# and viola, blowing ice cold.
so, to the garage I had check it first that said a/c system is fine, then suggest I take to GM dealer to get re-calibrated....and to the GM dealer that said all 4 actuators need replaced for 2,350.00 dollars...maybe ya'll should stick to oil changes (that's the lube that runs through the engine and connects to a filter)smh.
well, Now I can look for the bad ground or noise interference in my radio that I installed recently, have pretty good access while panels are removed. I have replaced all my crimps for ground, power, speaker etc more than once, but can't seem to figure out why one of my speakers cuts out most of the time, and engine noise is there most all of the time as well. I can grab wires/harness in back of radio, or wiggle it and works just temporarilly. anybody out there better than Crutchfield on diagnosing that type issue?
Glad you've resolved all your A/C issues, well done!

Regarding your radio issues, it seems like you have a loose connection or a gound issue. So a few questions:-
  • Which speaker is cutting out, choices are Rear Left, Rear Right, Front Right or Front Left? (there are 8 wires in total)
  • When you say "wiggle it and works just temporarilly" do you mean the radio also operates engine-noise free?
It sounds like one of Amp's 8 audio input lines is loosing connection, thus acting like an aerial and becoming sensitive to noise (see PDF)

Also the Amp's signal inputs lines should be screened (with the screen connected to the Amp's "Drain Wire" terminal) the screen should only be grounded on the Amp end, not both ends, grounding both could also cause a noise issue, as would no ground connection.

Attached Files