Head and Valve Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Default RE: Head and Valve Issue

Good to hear Baby...Thank goodness it wasn't the head/valve issue..

My advise to you would be...CHILL OUT..Do not spend the good times with your H3 worring about if something going to crap out..Otherwise you will not be able to fully enjoy this cool little HUMMER for all it's full worth..It will also make you sick worring...Forget about any problems that may come up, you have a warranty...Chances are very good you won't have another major problem again..So get out there and flaunt your tow hooks and be proud..

Good luck!

Old 04-21-2006, 11:15 PM

Well, I finally got the Hummer H3 back after the valve job today. It has been gone 3 weeks and 2 days. The dealership replaced all the valves, had the entire truck detailed for me, and put in a full tank of gas. Keep in mind they gave me a loaner car for the entire time. I have spoken to GM and they have said they will consider granting me an extension on the warranty. Apparently there is a memo issued by GM on this subject that went out to all dealers to be on the lookout for this problem. The valves develop moisture which trips the computer to provide a misfire warning. I asked the service manager if he was scared as we looked out over the parking lot whether there were more ticking time bombbs in the valves out there just waiting to come in. He laughed. I really feel bad for GM on this. They helped me out. I had the loaner cleaned and fully gased upon return.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:42 PM

Well, it's interesting to see that several on here are having the same problem with their H3's. Mine has been in the shop going on 3 weeks with the head and valve problem - 18k miles. I have a friend with a "06" Canyon and his engine blew up, needless to say he is not happy either.
I love my H3, but I don't intend on keeping it, unless I get an extended warranty. If they are replacing it with the same parts, who knows what will happen in the next 18k miles. I asked the service mgr. why GM doesn't do a recall and he said that they don't have the parts and they can't have 20 vehicles sitting in there all at the same time....this way, they can take them as they tear up....which is not good in my opinion.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: LADYDI

Well, it's interesting to see that several on here are having the same problem with their H3's. Mine has been in the shop going on 3 weeks with the head and valve problem - 18k miles. I have a friend with a "06" Canyon and his engine blew up, needless to say he is not happy either.
I love my H3, but I don't intend on keeping it, unless I get an extended warranty. If they are replacing it with the same parts, who knows what will happen in the next 18k miles. I asked the service mgr. why GM doesn't do a recall and he said that they don't have the parts and they can't have 20 vehicles sitting in there all at the same time....this way, they can take them as they tear up....which is not good in my opinion.

I asked my dealer why not have new heads in stock this way it will take less time .He said no they rebuild part by part for it will not happen again which is good.This way they can see how the valves set in place.Because if it was already built it could be another bad one.The only thing that stinks is the waiting time.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:42 PM

Well I thought I would post an update, finally.

My repair took more like 3 weeks than the promised 2. But the truck is running GREAT since then. I have about 3000 miles on it since. The service folks at Dobles and at GM were great. They treated me well, and GM extended my engine warranty.

-Alan

Old 06-04-2006, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: AlanH3

Well I thought I would post an update, finally.

My repair took more like 3 weeks than the promised 2. But the truck is running GREAT since then. I have about 3000 miles on it since. The service folks at Dobles and at GM were great. They treated me well, and GM extended my engine warranty.

-Alan

Dobles in Maine

Old 06-04-2006, 06:25 PM

Dobles in Manchester, NH

Old 06-04-2006, 06:29 PM

Good to hear that Alan..I have noticed that the few that have had it done, that the repairs are solid and final..So I think you have nothing to worry about now anymore.

Happy trials

Old 06-04-2006, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: AlanH3

Dobles in Manchester, NH

I'm sorry that what i meant i know a person that bought a H2SUT from them i herd they very are good .
We did only have two Hummer dealerships in Mass. and then Dobles now we have three.
Herb chamber just jump on the banwagon

Old 06-05-2006, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

....So I think you have nothing to worry about now anymore.
I still have big worries about my H3... like what kind of iPod adapter to get, whether I should put roof lights on it, etc. LOL!

Luckily I have all you on this forum to help with the tough decisions.

-Alan

Quick Reply: Head and Valve Issue