Torsion lift - Pics and How To

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:00 PM

This thread was very helpful thanks. I was getting a caliper replaced today so while it was up on the ramp I had it cranked twice on each end ( + extra half turn on drivers side) Took it for a quick run and cranked each side two more full turns. I will drive it a couple days now and adjust more if required. The last two turns was done when it was on the ground off the ramp -just a little harder to turn.
I'll have another allignment done then. Its about 23 1/4 right now on front. Not sure if it is my imagination but it even looks a little different driving looking out the wind shield.
All in all a very simple process though.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by LikinmyH3
Not sure if it is my imagination but it even looks a little different driving looking out the wind shield.
It's not your imagination, it is a different angle. What I first noticed was that I didn't have to crane my neck if I was first in line at a stop light.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:55 PM

I'm pretty sure at least I think I am that this is not related but I took it for the first hiway run today after leveling yesterday and the engine light came on on my 200mile trip! Just seems like Murphy's law or strange this happens the very next day.
-Will have to get an appointment @ dealer for diagnosis.

EDIT of course this morning it didnt come on Dunno! Although book says it is probably emissions related

Last edited by LikinmyH3; 12-02-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:04 PM

Wow great thread and very informative! I have had my h3 for about 3 weeks now and will be doing this over the weekend now!! One question I have is will this cause any premature wear to the cv axles!
Happy trails

Old 06-03-2012, 08:15 PM

Are they the bolts that are on the cross member by the gas tank?

Old 06-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by smigelskijk
Are they the bolts that are on the cross member by the gas tank?
Look for this, just like in the pic by the OP, under the front doors.
Name:  nut.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  49.3 KB

Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 PM

I cranked my 07 yesterday and had it aligned today I went up four turns on each side. It went up about 1 1/4 inches. It sits pretty level now. I just installed Bilsteins on all four corners, which has helped out a lot. I have some more work I want to do to it. I have changed all the driveline fluids over to royal purple and plan on doing the transmission next week. I have installed a transmission cooler on it, trailer hitch and wiring, tinted the windows, added the roof rack, chrome hummer letters in the bumper, chrome punch grille and a cold air intake. Pretty soon it will get a magnaflow cat back and a PCM tune.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:33 AM

Mine also went up about another half an inch after alignment.. So I am going to drop mine about a half of a inch of so and take it back and have it aligned again.. I have the lifetime alignment from Firestone.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pappibri
Mine also went up about another half an inch after alignment.. So I am going to drop mine about a half of a inch of so and take it back and have it aligned again.. I have the lifetime alignment from Firestone.
Don't readjust just yet.
Drive it around for a few days Brian. They usually settle a little.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Default after lifting

after lifting the front with tighting the torsion bars how do i know what size bilstein shocks to get? does it depend on exactly how much i crank the bars?

Quick Reply: Torsion lift - Pics and How To