PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No heat in my h2 but blows cool air only

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Default No heat in my h2 but blows cool air only

Quick story. I bought my 03 h2 at a local dealer used without test driving it probably about 10yrs ago with 49k on odometer. As of today it has 76k. I always wanted one so I bought it. From the moment I picked it. It's been good to me til recently. I don't drive it much since I've always commuted to work so I got another car for that. Well here we go. I have no heat in the truck whether blower is cranked all the way or the temp on gauge is at full heat. I get cool air not cold like if ac was on. thru all the vents. I have no wet carpet on the passenger side so Ima say heater core is ok for now but I could be wrong. Today I wanted to check blend doors but noticed now nothing comes out drivers vents. All other vents still pushing air. I'm stuck now on what to look for. I make less money now then when I bought truck now so I'm trying to fix it myself without having to take it somewhere. Any help would be great thanks

Old 05-07-2017, 04:28 PM

it sounds like instead of a heater core there could be a heating element that heats up

Old 05-07-2017, 07:05 PM

Heating element???

Never seen one in a car. These do have a heater core and with lack of use I guess it could get clogged up. The heater hoses connect to the core right at the firewall on the passenger side. They have stupid fiddly clip connectors that get brittle over time and break easily if messed with so be prepared to make a run to autozone to get replacements for them.

If it were me - I'd pull the heater core hoses and flush the core out with a garden hose. I did that on my GMC pickup when the heat stopped and I was shocked at the amount of crud that came out. Afterwards the heat would run you out of the truck.

Could also be a stuck thermostat (seems unlikely though) or quite possibly one of the four blend doors too. I'd also be suspect of that since you are not getting any air to the drivers side. Actually that might be the first thing I'd check but they are a bear to get to. Especially the top one on the passenger side which you just about need to remove the entire dash top to get to.