Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

New Sunroof Question 09 sunroof in an 03

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Default New Sunroof Question 09 sunroof in an 03

Long time reader, first time poster...

I am going to try to make a short story long. I picked up a 03 H2 a couple of weeks ago. It was originally out of Northern Louisiana, one owner yada yada yada. I did the purchase off of Ebay thing (bad decision but I'm living with it). Anyway, I picked up the hummer and it was cold so I didn't check the sunroof. MISTAKE. I put it up in the garage and was messing with it last week, hit the button and nothing. No noise, nada. After doing some research I found out where the motor was supposed to be located. Yes supposed to be. There was not a motor there, not only was the sunroof motor missing. The drive or guide lines that move the sunroof were missing too.
I decided to purchase one off ebay. Easy enough right? NOPE. I didn't realize they changed something for the 08's and 09's. I picked one up from an add that said 03-09. Once again, not knowing. It gets to my house, I open it up - everything is great. I pull the headliner, pain in the butt but not bad. Remove the old frame and glass, not bad. Put the new frame in and plug in the harness to make sure it works and BAM - the motor doesn't make a sound or try to turn...... I checked my plug, the switch works perfect and I am getting power to my motor but I am not getting any movement. Did they change the power plug/input on the motors? Has anyone else installed an 08 -09 Sunroof in an 03 to 07? If so what am I missing?

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-19-2024, 09:00 PM

Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread but I am having a similar issue. I bought a new sunroof motor for my 2005 Hummer H2 and there there is no movement when I plugged in the new motor. The old motor at least worked one way but not the other. The new motor does not work at all. Did you find out a fix for your situation?

Old 03-20-2024, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by HBrod2005
Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread but I am having a similar issue. I bought a new sunroof motor for my 2005 Hummer H2 and there there is no movement when I plugged in the new motor. The old motor at least worked one way but not the other. The new motor does not work at all. Did you find out a fix for your situation?
Start a new thread with your issue I think you’ll get more hits on it.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HBrod2005
But............. you went ahead and dug up this Dinosaur anyway, right? READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Let me demonstrate why this is frowned upon and not going to accomplish anything.
Who are you asking? The OP made ONE Thread/Post........... Last Activity:
05-28-2019 01:58 PM and never been back. Think they have your solution?

You already made a new Thread with your question, please ride/wait that out for responses instead of digging up OLD Threads to tack on.

Thank you and welcome to HF.