PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEAK in 03 H2 front p/s floor area

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Default LEAK in 03 H2 front p/s floor area

Hey guys looking for your help on this one. I took it to a shop but couldnlt figure it out.

Anyways recently I have noticed alot of water soaked on my pside floor mat, and especially the carpet under it. I also ripped up the placstic piece by the door sill and there was a pool of water under it. I dry it out but it keeps coming back when it rains or the snow melts. I took it to the shop and we dumped water, and hosed it down but couldnt find anything. It's not the heater core or anything mechanical.

Has anyone experienced this yet?
Help would be greaatful, supposed to rain heavy tomorrow.

Thanks,
Terry

Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 PM

Mine happened right after windshield replacement. The guy didn't put the door rubber back on right with the front plastic trim and it leaked like a sieve; this was on the passenger side.
I had him come back out and he fixed the rubber and resealed some stuff on the windshield and it's been good.
Let's hope your's is an easy fix...

Old 02-01-2012, 03:40 AM

Thanks for the reply TM. I'm curious, could you see where the water was coming in from the inside? Or was the leak hidden behide the panels?

Old 02-01-2012, 10:24 AM

Oh yeah, ours was easy to see just looking at the door rubber you could see water going directions it shouldn't.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:02 PM

This may sound crazy but I had a problem like that a while back. It turned out to be a water bottle that my kid had in the back seat and somehow it ended up under the front seat. The front seat being moved back and forth crushed the bottle and it began to slow leak. It was wet for about two weeks because of the bottle leaking slowly. Just food for thought. Hope you find your problem.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ingydrummer
This may sound crazy but I had a problem like that a while back. It turned out to be a water bottle that my kid had in the back seat and somehow it ended up under the front seat. The front seat being moved back and forth crushed the bottle and it began to slow leak. It was wet for about two weeks because of the bottle leaking slowly. Just food for thought. Hope you find your problem.

lol, nice. Atleast it wasnt a cool aid bottle. The g/f drinks water sometimes, but the amount that I have seen, it would have t be a keg. Going tomorrow to a buddies shop to check it out further.

Thanks again guys.